Chapter 35

Royalty Wilson-Royalty
I woke up to the sound of my phone vibrating on the nightstand. I took a glance at the nearby alarm clock. It was 2:00 a.m so I was lost who would be calling me at this time.

I grabbed the phone and realized it was a facetime call from a random number.

I answered the phone but rather than pointing it at my face it was pointed at the ceiling.

"Hello"

"Hey brat, were you asleep?"

"Ayden?" I asked shuffling to sit up.

I positioned the phone in front of me so that my phone was now in the camera.

"The one and only," He said cheesing at me from the other end of the phone.

He was laying in his cell on his bunk bed, You could see that he was on the top bunk. There wasn't much light and he had earbuds in.

"But ho-"

"A few of the guards here are on my payroll, I had one of them bring me in a phone," He said as if it was nothing.

"You're something else, you know that?" I said with a small smile.

"How was your day ma?"

"It was good. Everybody warmed up to me pretty quick they're cool people. The Cubans agreed to continue doing business with us and shit cause we've always been loyal to them oh and Security detail will be active starting tomorrow. I still have to go register Treasure for preschool tomorrow though"

"Babydoll broke my heart today"

"How?"

"I was watching y'all in court, and then when y'all came to hug me. My poor baby was so confused about why she couldn't stay with me"

"She misses you already. She asked for you when you got home, I explained to her the simplest way I knew how."

"You miss me?"He asked, a smile evident in his voice.

"Nope, "I said lying straight through my teeth.

"Oh really?"

"Really"

"You flexing mad hard ma," He said making me laugh.

"At least you know, I can barely go a full hour without talking to you. This is gonna be mad hard" I said with a small pout.

"Fix your face Brat, we gon be straight"

"I know baby"

"What time you supposed to be waking up?"

"Around 9:00," I said

"Come on mamas, let's go to sleep"

"Together?"I asked as I made myself comfortable in bed again.

"Mhm," He said sounding like he was already dozing off.

"But what if a guard comes by and you get in trouble?"

"Imma be straight brat, stop worrying"

"Okay baby, goodnight"

"Goodnight"

"I love you"

"I love you more"

"Impossible"

"Whatever you say Lil' bit"

I didn't bother to argue with him, I just closed my eyes and eventually, I drifted off to sleep.
- - -
When I woke up we were no longer on facetime but I did have a Text from that number he called me from.