16: L'angelo Fenice

Start from the beginning

I went deeper into the room until I reached the end of it. I saw the very same candle I saw in the small room that hides the prison cells but this place has many cobwebs and it's pretty dusty. I guess no one knew this place. Also, where the candle was placed, was a very small shelf that was half of my height. I tried to bend the candle, in case there is a hidden trap door, but it was just an ordinary candle.

I tried pulling each of the books but nothing happened. I almost gave up when I saw the small painting hanging just above the shelf. It was a picture of a black cage with a red feather inside it. It's beautiful but weird and there's always something behind a weird object.

Oh...behind...

I move the painting out of the wall and I found a lever. I did a victory dance by myself and pulled the lever after. The small shelf moved to the side and revealed a small square passage. The trap door is specially designed for small people, so it's perfect for me.

I entered the trap door and crawled the short passage until I reached the end of it. The room was like a small study room full of dust and cobwebs. There's also a small fireplace and on top of it was a large frame of a very beautiful woman.

Alianna Genevieve Donello.

The name was written on a golden plate under the frame. The woman in the picture is very beautiful and when you look at her face, you can tell that she is kind. She was wearing a golden tiara, with emerald gems and diamonds embedded in it, and sat elegantly on a silver chair. She also held a red book in her arms which was similar to the ones being placed in a small space just underneath the nameplate. It was placed in a hole, the exact shape of the book. The book was too dusty that the title was covered by it, so I took the book and wiped it off.

L'angelo Fenice. The Phoenix Angel.

I was shocked to see this book here. They weren't actually Phoenix, they were called that because of their power. They were angels with the power of fire and can heal even the most fatal wounds. People think that the Phoenix Angels were fury angels that bring chaos but they are not. They were Michael's precious soldiers.

These angels were supposed to be like walking destructive robots. They feel no emotions as they only follow orders from Michael. There are also eight generals who each lead a thousand phoenix angels but now that all generals are gone, those angels under them wandered around the earth. To think that these angels are being killed by them.

I don't understand why Alianna had this book but then I saw Winderwald's mark on the book and below it were tiny cursive writings. L'aumento del fenice or the Rise of the Phoenix. I opened the first page and saw the authors' names, H. A. Winderwald, and A. A. Winderwald. It was Hazrah Winderwald but there was another with the same surname. I never knew Winderwald has a relative or something.

I was going to read it when I heard noises coming from outside of the library. I quickly hid the book inside my shirt. Good thing I'm wearing a large shirt and the book isn't too thick. I went out of the trap door and made sure that it was closed and went to one of the shelves to get a random book. I calmly walked out of the library and almost bumped into Hansel.

"Amelia? What are you doing in the library at this hour?" he asked, surprised that I was there.

"I wasn't sleepy so I searched for a book to read." I told him and showed him the book I randomly picked.

"The Princess and the Pea. Aren't you too old for that?" I rolled my eyes at him. I definitely picked the wrong book.

"Can't an adult relieve her childhood fantasies?" I said and raised a brow. "What are you doing here at night anyways?" I asked him.