chapter thirty-four

Start from the beginning

"You look great," he told me, grinning.

"Thanks." I smile.

"My little sister is all grown up," he said, standing next to me and patting my head, which was reflected back to us in the mirror.

"Ha ha, little brother."

He rolled his eyes. "By only a few minutes," he grumbled. "At least I'm not short." I bump his shoulder. He grinned at me before turning and sitting down on the bench outside the changing room. "Hurry up. I want to go in some more stores."

Twenty minutes later I was paying for the clothes I chose from the pile. I link our arms again and we go looking for another store. I let Elliott pull me around a shoe shop until he found the pair he wanted.

"Those ones?" I ask.

He nodded and grinned. "I can finally get them," he said, walking over to the till and asking for his size.

"What do you mean finally?"

"I couldn't find them back home," he told me, smiling. "They were always out."

"Ah." He looked at me with a raised eyebrow. "What?"

"Nothing." He rolled his eyes and paid the girl behind the counter.

"Okay..." With a sigh, he took the bag from the girl, thanked her then led us out the shop. "What’s wrong?" He looked at me with an eyebrow quirked. "What?"

"Why are you asking what's wrong?" he asked.

"You sighed."

"I blink and breathe as well, but you didn't comment on that," he pointed out, smiling. I roll my eyes and bump his shoulder. We headed towards the food court and got some drinks. I see girls checking him out and glaring at me.

I rolled my eyes and poked my tongue out at them before turning away. "Tell me you didn't just poke your tongue out," Elliott said, looking at me strangely.

"I can't tell you that because I did."

He sighed and shook his head. "Why did you do that?"

"They were glaring at me."

"Who were?"

"Those girls." He followed my gaze to the girls and raised his eyebrow. I just shake my head.

"Ignore them," he told me, looking back at me.

"Well yeah, I mean I'm your twin sister."

"I know. But still, just ignore them. We don't need to give them the satisfaction." I nod. He sipped his drink and looked around. I take a sip of my drink. "Well," he drawled, looking back at me. "Now what?"

"No idea." His lips pulled to the side before looking away. "What?"

"Nothing."

He nodded and chucked his drink. I finish my drink and get up. "Let's find something to do." Again, he nodded and followed behind me. I link our arms and rest my head on his shoulder. I see one of Justin's friends and his eyes get wide as he sees me. I blinked in surprise at him, wondering why he was looking at me like that.

"Ellie, what the hell?" he comes up to me.

"Uh, hello," I said lamely, a frown on my face.

"Why are you out with a guy when you're Justin's girlfriend?"

My eyebrows furrowed for a moment before I realised what he meant. "Alex, this is my twin brother Elliott. Elliott, this is Justin's best friend."

"Oh shit, I'm sorry." he says.