Chapter two

A month earlier…

"Elliott! I’m going over to Christian's to work on the English project!" I yell up the stairs.

"Okay!" he shouted back. "Tell him he's got to bring my game back later, I've been waiting to play it!"

"Alright!" I grab my backpack and head over to Christian's house.

His mom opens the door, smiling. "Hi Ellie, he's up in his room."

"Thanks Mrs. Woods." I smile and head inside and walk up the stairs to his room. Without even knocking, I pushed open his door and walked into his room. I looked up from my notes to see Christian on his bed.

He grins. "Hey El."

I felt a smile tug at my lips. "Hey, Christian. Ready to do some work?"

He rolled his eyes and nodded. "I can't wait," he said sarcastically. I laugh and go over and sit on the edge of his bed. He dropped his books on the bed then got up. "Let's watch a movie. I don't want to do the work yet."

"Well we are almost done with the project anyway." I smile.

With one swift tug, he pulled me against his chest. "Good. Now we can concentrate on the movie."

I giggle lightly. "Did you have to do that.?"

"Yes." He grinned at me and wrapped his arm around my waist.

I raise my eyebrow. "Oh really?" I grin. He smirked and lowered his gaze to mine. I look up at him through my eyelashes. His smirk turned into a smile as he lowered his face to mine. His lips brush against mine and he kisses me fully. I felt my face heat up as I kissed him back. He pulls me closer and kisses me more. My fingers tangled in his hair as he laid me down on his bed. This doesn’t faze me, we've been like for the past few months but we haven’t had sex. That is where I draw the line. His fingers trailed up my sides but he instantly pulled away when we heard footsteps coming up the stairs. My eyes get wide and I move away from him, far away from him. We grabbed our workbooks and pretended to read when the person came barging in Christians room. It’s Elliott. My stupid, crazy, video game loving twin.

"Hello," he sang, grinning at us. I rolled my eyes and looked back down at my books. Sometimes I wondered whether he done it on purpose to make sure me and Christian weren't friends. Elliott doesn’t know about - he doesn’t know Christian and I are friends or anything, and that is a good thing.

"What are we up to, kiddies?" He asked, flopping down on the bed in between me and Christian.

"Work," he replied, looking at his best friend. "As much as I love you, man, what are you doing here? Me and your sister are trying to finish our project."

"I came to get my game back, I asked El to get it from you."

"You should have known you weren’t going to get it until I came home."

He shrugged and looked at Christian. "Well, now that I'm here, I'll wait for you two to finish then we can play the game."

"Elliott, I can’t concentrate with you here, that is why we stopped doing our homework together four years ago." I say and it’s true.

Elliott grumbled under his breath and stood up. "Fine. I'm going to talk to. Chris's brother. I'll be back in an hour."

"We can finish the project in an hour!" I yell after him, and it’s true, we really can’t. Christian grinned at me and I rolled my eyes at him. Once he shut the door and locked it, we laid back down to watch the film. He wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me close to him. I sighed and closed my eyes, leaning my head on his chest. He rested his chin on my shoulder then kissed my hair.