Chapter Forty-Six:New Year's Eve

When I woke up, a few days later, it took me a moment to realize it was New Year’s Eve. Justin has to leave tomorrow.

"Goodmorning, fiancee," Justin murmured, kissing my neck. I grinned and looked at him, he would always say that every morning when he woke up.

"Morning," I said, kissing his forehead. "Its New Years Eve."

"I can't wait to kiss you at midnight."

I smiled. "Me neither. I get to end and begin my year kissing you."

"And so do I." I sat up and looked down at him, a soft smile spreading across my face as he put his arm behind his head and grinned at me. "Elliott doesn't hate me, does he?" Justin asks. The other day El heard Justin and I talking about babies...

I frowned and shook my head. "He knows we're talking about the future, I think..."

"I sure hope so.."

"I'll ask him," I assured him, kissing his forehead.

After a little longer in bed, we got up and went downstairs. "Morning," my mum greeted. "Sleep well?"

"Yeah." I kiss her cheek.

"Good. We're going to Paula's for New Years, so be ready for eight, okay?" She smiled at us before going back to making breakfast.

"Okay mum." I smile back at her. We sat down at the counter as my mum served pancakes. I leaned against Justin as we ate and made small talk with my mum. 

"Morning," my twin greeted sleepily as he trudged over to the coffee machine. "God its too early," he muttered.

"Then why are you up?"

"Because today is the last day of the year," he told me. "I don't want to waste it." I get up, going over and jumping on his back, smiling. He held my legs and smiled over his shoulder at me. "Someones perky." I kiss his cheek and grin.

I blinked at him then remembered I had to ask him about Justin. "Can I talk to you, alone?" I asked him, nodding my head towards the door.

"Sure," he said, confused but walked out the kitchen anyway. "Somtheing wrong?" he asks when we're alone.

"Are you mad or do you hate Justin after what you heard the other day?" I asked him quietly, biting my lip.

"I'm not mad and I don't hate him. But if he gets you pregnant anytime soon I won't be happy."

"We were just talking about it, El. We're waiting until after college but we started talking about it recently, just to, you know, talk about it."

He nods. "I can't help but worry. You may be older than me but you're stiill my twin and I don't like seeing you upset."

My eyebrows furrowed. "Why would I be upset?"

"If he ever hurts you."

"He won't hurt me, El," I told him, shaking my head.

He hugs me. "If he ever does I'll hurt him."

I hugged him back tightly and sighed. "He won't. He proposed, El. I know he loves me."

"I know." He holds me tight.

We stood in silence before I sighed and stepped back. "He really thinks you hate him," I told El.

"I don't. As long as you're happy I am."

"Good." I grinned and kissed his cheek before going back into Justin.

He wraps his arms around me. "Everything okay?"

"Elliott doesn't hate you," I told him, chuckling lightly.