chapter twelve

After I shower, I quickly get dressed and go downstairs to see my parents talking quietly in the kitchen. I don't say anything but I do get some breakfast.

Once I'm done, I washed my bowl out and left the kitchen. I go upstairs and into Elliott's room.

"Hey," he smiled at me from his spot on his bed.

 "You're still in bed? Wow I'm shocked you make it to school on time." I grin.

 He rolled his eyes and laughed. "Coming from the person that has to have someone bang on the door to remind her?"

 "Shut up." I stick my tongue out at him.

 He smirked. "Somebody is awfully happy considering Christian didn't sleep in their bed."

 "You shut up." I sit next to him.

 He wrapped his arm around me and sighed. "I'm sorry about dad, Ellie," he said quietly.

 I lean into him. "I don't get what is so bad. All we do is sleep, I can't sleep without him."

With another sigh, he kissed my cheek and sat up. "Come on, let's get ready and go."

 I lay back on his bed. "You get ready, I already am."

 He raised his eyebrow and stood up. "The boxers are going in five, four-"

 "I'm going!" I jumped up and ran out his room. I close his door behind me and lean against the wall, waiting for him.

 Five minutes later he emerged, dressed and running his fingers through his hair. "Ready?" He asked, leading the way downstairs.

 "Yup." I follow him downstairs.

 Once we grab our bags, and Elliott gets a cereal bar, we headed out to his car. "I think your boyfriend wants you to go with him," he said, his eyes flicking to Christian's car then back to me. I kiss his cheek and walk over to Christian.

 "Good morning," he murmured, kissing my forehead. "How was your sleep last night?"

 I smile. "It was okay." We see Elliott pull out the driveway, once he was gone, Christian bent his head forward and kissed me properly.

 "Good. My sleep was great, too." I kiss him back and we get in his car.

 When we pulled up outside the school, a large group of students caught our attention. "What's going on?" I asked Christian, frowning 

 "I don't know." We get out and head towards the group of people.  "What's going on?" Christian asks.

 Wes turned and looked at us with a frown. "Someone said something about you two to El and he didn't take it well."

 "Where is he?" I ask.

 "In the middle of the circle." I pushed my way through to see Elliott holding a boy by the collar of his top.

 "Elliott!" I run to him and wrap my arms around him from behind. He stiffened before letting go of the boy to turn around and look down at me. "What happened?" I ask still holding onto him.

 "That jerk-" he stopped and looked at the crowd of people. With one glare, they all quickly walked away. "He was talking about you and Christian."

 "What was he saying?"

 "Just stuff, you don't want to know."

 My eyebrows furrowed. "But I do. Please, El."

 "They were calling you a slut, a whore and saying you did certain things with Chris." My eyebrows furrowed as I looked around for the boy Elliott was holding, intent on finding the boy to have a word with him. "He won't be saying anything more like it Ellie. I promise."