chapter twenty-nine

Start from the beginning

"Ah, I was wondering if you were home. Can I come in?"

"Just a minute," We get up and put clothes on, quickly. "Okay, you can come in now." I looked down at my hands, not knowing what to do.

"Oh, hello." His mother paused in the doorway and looked at me.  "I didn't realise someone was over."

"Hi, I'm Ellie."

"I'm Maria, Justin's mum," she said, stepping forward and shaking my hand.

I smile. "Its nice to meet you."

She squinted at me then grinned. "Are you the girl that he has the picture of on his wall?"

"What?" I blinked up at her in surprise. She points to the picture and I turn around to look at it. It was the picture of us that I had taken on the London Eye. "When did you get that?" I asked him quietly, feeling a smile spread across my lips.

"I brought the camera home with me and made two copies of each." I pulled him into a hug and grinned.

"What's this for?" He asks.

"I can't believe you printed it."

"I have all the other pictures too." he pulls away and goes over to his desk and pulls out two scrap books. "This one is mine and the other is yours."

The corner of my eyes pricked as I looked up at him. "I can't believe this," I said, shaking my head and taking the book from him.

"It only has some pictures in it so far, but if you give me the other camera I can put them in our scrapbooks."

"I'll bring them over tomorrow or something," I murmured as I flipped through the pages. "I like this one," I said, pointing to the picture the old couple took of us.

"Me too." he smiles.

I shook my head and chuckled. "I still can't believe you've done this."

"Why?"

"Because you must have done these before we got together, properly." He shrugs. I cupped his cheek and smiled softly. "I love you."

"I love you too." he kisses me softly.

"I just realised," I said, sitting up straight. "When did your mum go?"

"Just before I gave you the scrapbook." My cheeks heated up slowly. He kisses my nose.

It immediately scrunched up as I moved back. "Don't do that," I said, shaking my head.  

"Why not?"

"It tickles," I said, laughing. He chuckles. I leaned forward and kissed the tip of his nose. His nose scrunches up and he grins. I laughed and kissed his jaw lightly. He groans and pulls back. I smirked.

"What?" he asks me.

"Nothing." I shook my head and hugged him. He wraps his arms around me and kisses the top of my head.

"Come on, let's go get something to eat," he murmured. I smile and wrap my arm around his waist. He swiftly picked me up and carried me downstairs.

"Justin!" I exclaim.

"Yes?" he asked, squeezing my thigh lightly.

"Why are you carrying me?"

"Because I love carrying you," he said, chuckling.

"Really?" I ask raising my eyebrow.

"Of course," he murmured, placing me on the counter. I smile softly. He ran his fingers through my hair and kissed my jaw softly before stepping back and getting food out of the cupboard.