chapter twenty-nine

Start from the beginning

"What about?"

"Just.. us," he said, smiling softly.

"What about us?" I asked, biting my lip.

"I'm glad we're really together."

I felt a grin spread across my lips. "Really?"

"Yes really." I pushed him onto his back and wrapped my arms around his neck, lying down on top of him.

"So, I have a question." I say.

"Shoot."

"Well our school situations are different. You're off to college in the fall and well I start my senior year in high school."

"Yeah?" he asked, raising his eyebrow.

"So what's going to happen?"

"Once I finish college here, I'll try to go to uni with you in America," he said, running his fingers through my hair.

"What? Sorry I'm confused."

"You do realise that I'll be eighteen when I finish college, the same age as you when you finish high school," he said, laughing.

"Justin, I'm really confused, everything like this is different in America."

He rolled us over and sat up, looking at me with a small smile. "You're going into your last year, right?" I nodded. "I'm going into my last year of college, so when you finish high school, I'll be finishing college at the same time; ready to go to university with you the next year."

"But how are you finishing college in a year? I just don't understand."

"We finish secondary school at sixteen," he told me, running his fingers through his hair. "Then go onto college for either a year, or two years. After that we go onto university at eighteen."

"Oh." I nod.

"Get it?" he asked, giving me a adorable smile.

"Yeah, now."

He chuckled and ruffled my hair. "Good," he teased.

"Sorry, its just so weird."

"I bet it is," he said, nodding. "It's different, that's for sure."

I move closer to him. "So we just have to get past the year and then we'll be going to school together."

"Yeah," he murmured. "Just one year..."

"We can do it." He linked our fingers and nodded, though he didn't look convinced.  "Justin," I say looking him. "do you think we can do it?"

"I hope we do," he said, kissing my forehead. "I really do."

"We're going to see each other throughout the year."

A small grin spread across his face. "Yeah?"

"I'll come when I can and maybe even you could come whenever you can."

"I'd love to. I would have to get use to being over there anyway." I smile and kiss the corner of his lips.

"Proper kiss," he murmured, pressing me back against the bed and tilting my chin up. He gives me a real kiss and then pulls me onto his lap and holds me close. I wrap my arms and legs around him and rest my forehead against his. He rubs my back and buries his head in the crook of my neck.

The sound of footsteps made us pull apart slightly and look at each other in surprise. "Justin, honey?"

"Yeah mum?" he asks.