27. Her smile says it all..

Start from the beginning

"that would be the most daring task I've ever accomplished" she poked her tongue out laughing like a maniac.

I looked at the girl beside me in awe. Its been only 2 weeks since that encounter where I had the bad luck to witness her breakdown in front of my very eyes and here she is laughing her heart out as if she is the happiest girl in the whole world , on a mission to bring a smile back to that darkened world of others.

"Hamad is Ahaana's ex husband. she divorced him 3 years back. "

"It was an abusive marriage, she had to go through a lot"..

Nushrath's voice laced with hurt when she narrated the story haunted me every night.. I was thoroughly shocked but knowing that she had to witness the cruelty of this money minded fools in such a tender age stabbed me straight into my heart, uplifting the urge of wanting to damage that so-called drool worthy face of Hamad Ibrahim shoot rocket high.

My curiosity got ahead of me and I blurted out " how Ahaana.. how? despite everything?" I wailed out, my voice hoarse and desperate..

"huh?" she turned drastically firing me a look of bewilderment' " what how? despite what?"

"hehe nooo" I chuckled embarrassingly..

" where are we heading now shezaad? would I have to book an appointment in the asylum" she chuckled scrolling on her phone..

"Nope it's nothing.. " I murmured looking at her with fear and embarrassment, fear of hitting a weak spot and embarrassed of being told off by her..

I kept staring at her from time to time.. My heart aching for all the troubles she had to endure..

"hey.. stop its weird" her annoyed voice brought me back from my train of thoughts.

"what?' I asked her absent-mindedly.

"number one: stop staring at me.. number two: shoot that question that you so badly want to ask" she finished.

"being a mind reader now are we" I grinned goofily.

"ohh trust me I am a born pro" she smirked back lifting her imaginary collar. " now shoot I say"..

"umm.. how Ahaana.. how did it happen.. you look like the happiest girl in the world and how come you are.." I trailed on

"how come I am married and now a divorcee?" she finished for me..

ignoring that flash of hurt hearing the word divorcee, I nodded leaning back on my forearm.

"Nush told you all right" she sighed, her eyes taking on a distant look..

"hey maryam.. its ok if you don't want to talk about it" I said half-heartedly.

"Naah. I am good, besides how long can the truth be hidden, one day or another its bound to come out" she finished making me nod.

"At 18 like all the other girls, I was in my dreamland too, dreaming about my prince charming and so desperately waiting for that day when he would come and sweep me off my feet and take me back with him, except for the fact that my prince charming had a face,"

Now it was my turn to look at her bewilderedly..

"A naughty ten year old with an impish grin who loved to annoy me" she chuckled making me smile. so she had a childhood love too? great we are syncing in everything.. I said to myself..

"everything was fine, until the day when my dad's best friend who loved me as his own daughter so badly wanted to marry me to his eldest son so that I would officially be a part of his family except for the fact that he didn't know that his eldest son had way too many affairs to consider me his wife- a plain girl who isn't matured enough for anything but an added burden and a scapegoat to toy with in his boredom" she snickered..