16: wolves

Lexi's POV

Three days passed, I slept and ate heaps, often not finding the strength to get out of bed. Damon stuck by my side incessantly. I told him he should go do his alpha duties but he shushed me and remained in bed with me. Told me I was more important. 

I had texted Nathan to apologise for not having told him I was staying some time with Damon. It was better this way. I knew I could not tell him the real truth and it saddened me a bit that my best friend would not be following me into this new world. Here, I was alone but for Damon. And Luke I guess, but that was dangerous waters.

I had not forgotten the way Damon had called me his love, and I wasn't sure how I felt about  that. Could he possibly love me? Already?

I did have some pretty strong feelings for him. Was very much attached. But did I love him? I had never been in love before and quite frankly I had no idea how to label my feelings for him. Whatever they were, his smile made my heart flutter, his touch made me hot, his gaze made butterflies run havoc in my belly. Was that love?

It was now the fourth day since Damon had brought me back to the pack house. I'd waken up feeling much better this morning and shoved him away to his duties. He left reluctantly, but I was glad to finally have some time to myself. Today, I was feeling up to being up and about. I grabbed the toiletry bag he had brought over for me and walked into his spacious bathroom.

I grimaced at myself in the mirror. I looked better than before, but it did need some work. I started by shaving, before taking a long shower and washing my hair thoroughly. I toweled myself dry, running  a hand up my now smooth legs. I blow-dried my hair into thick golden curls and let them run free down my back. I applied some light makeup, outlining my eyes in eyeliner, with a dash of mascara. 

I rummaged through the pile of female clothes that had been brought up for me and chose a pretty tartan skirt, knowing it would show off my now pristine legs. I paired it with a pastel pink sweater and some brown boots. Looking at myself in the mirror, I smirked at myself. Damon was going to be beside himself. I applied some lip gloss, giving myself one last look, before finally emerging from Damon's bedroom.

A/N: Lexi's outfit (ignore the handbag, and make those boots ankle height):

I had never really been shown around the pack house so I had absolutely no idea where I was going

I had never really been shown around the pack house so I had absolutely no idea where I was going. The scent of food cooking drifted to my nostrils and my tummy rumbled. I followed the smell and found myself in a large kitchen area. A few middle aged women and men were busy preparing meals. One woman looked up and her gasp of surprise at my sight made the others turn around.

"Luna," she bowed her head and the others followed suit.

"Please, I don't have that title yet," I waved awkwardly, "Just call me Lexi. I've never really been around the pack house, is this the kitchen? What are your names?"

They all seemed to relax at my chill demeanor. The lady who seemed in charge introduced herself as Hazel and the others, and I watched with interest as the others went back to work.