14: silver chains

A/N: Let's see how this cliffhanger continues then... 

This song is fitting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UliQRlZAWTc

---

Damon's POV

Lexi had left and Luke, Lee and I were going through the paperwork. It was nice being back with the boys, but Neo was fixated on Lexi. He had put up a fuss when she said she was going to leave. I'd blocked him out, understanding her need for some space to process everything that had happened in such a small amount of time. She had already taken it incredibly well for a human in my opinion and I was so proud of her. 

"Okay so, we've got plenty of grain to-" I broke off with a groan as pain flashed through me.

"Damon! Damon! Are you okay?" Luke was shaking me.

I sat up, on the floor, my chair toppled over. I groaned and held my head.

"What the fuck just happened?" I felt weird.

"You suddenly collapsed and fell off the chair," Lee said worriedly, kneeled at my other side.

The two helped me up, looking at me in concern.

"What happened?" Luke asked again.

"How the fuck am I supposed to know?" I raised my voice in frustration, kneading my temples.

Fuck. What the fuck was happening. Neo was strangely silent in my head. Neo? Are you okay?
Mate, Neo whined in pain, They have mate. Then his presence faded.

Shit. Shit not this. Not Alexandra. Fuck and I hadn't marked her. How the fuck was I supposed to track her. I couldn't even mind link her. Her absence felt like a shard of glass was stuck in my heart. I couldn't bear to lose her. She was mine. 

"Damon?" Luke shook my shoulder as I completely spaced out, shaking.

"It's Lexi," my voice broke, "Something has happened to her."

"Shit," Lee hissed, "Any idea what?"

"Neo said 'they took her' before blocking me out," I ran my hand through my now messy hair, "I have no clue who he is referring to though."

Luke blanched.

"What?" I frowned.

"Do you think- do you think it was Victor?" he whispered.

Beside me Lee started swearing. My mind went blank. I would tear him limb to limb if he touched my Alexandra.

"Find her," I roared, claws elongating and carving deep grooves into the desk.

Lexi's POV

I came to in some sort of cellar. I blinked, trying to get my eyes to focus. Thick silver chains surrounded my ankles and wrists and held me fastened against a humid wall. Dark stains were splattered across the floor and walls and I shuddered, trying not to think about the fact it likely had been blood.

My head was pounding, whatever they had drugged me with made it hard for me to emerge from the haze. I was alone in the room, the door seemed to be made of thick wood. Deep gouges in it made me shiver. I would not want to come to face to face with the beast which had made them.

They're werewolves the voice in my head told me. I believed it.

I just hoped Damon would find out somehow. The scraping of the door being pushed open made me jerk upright. My heart jumped in my throat but my brain was still dazed, my thoughts slow.