17 🦖

Since I was already wearing some pants and a not so fancy shirt, I grabbed a quadricycle and drove off to Levi's paddock. I really liked the ride as the air was cool, not that hot as hell, humid wind.

Once I reached the paddock, I saw the workers left the machines and materials all over the place that they were using to increase the wall. Poor Levi, having to hear all the loud noise all day.

There were lights turned on outside and inside the paddock for safety, so I easily made my way inside using my card to open the doors. Most lights were turned off, but some were still on. There was no one inside. Obviously, they are either eating dinner or sleeping at this time. I rolled my eyes at myself.

My hands clutched the styrofoam box with sushi for Levi and the other one for me for later. I swear if it were only me eating that boat of sushi, I would've eaten half of it, totally regretting it later. But since I was at a restaurant with two kids, I only ate a small amount; after we were full, there was still half left.

I clicked some numbers on the panel to open the door as at night they were locked, for obvious reasons. I got inside the room and placed my box on the table, and unlocked the door with Levi's box of sushi in my hands.

"Levi, I'm back," I speak loudly when I enter, knowing he could hear me loud and clear without needing to shout. There was a small roar that sounded behind the thick trees, followed by a loud set of footsteps and leaves and branches breaking. "Oh, hey there, boy," I smile when I see his amber eyes reflecting the light.

He makes a small rumbling noise as he stepped closer to me as he sniffed the air, probably smelling the sushi. He made small nods with his head towards what I was holding as it didn't look like the bag I usually come inside with.

"I brought you some food I thought you might like it. It's not the meat you eat. It has fish, rice, seaweed, some vegetables, fruits, and other stuff," I knew he didn't understand anything I said except for the 'I brought you some food' part as his eyes widened a bit in anticipation for food. He never seemed to stop eating.

I opened the styrofoam box filled with sushi as I knew he wouldn't even taste if I only brought a few. I made a hand gesture. I taught him for him to lay down so I could feed him easier. He laid down, making his usual 'complaining' noises but complying with no hesitance.

I smiled and grabbed a handful and tapped his snout so he would open his mouth. He opened, and I place half the sushi, which was still a lot, on top of his tongue, and tapped his snout again so he would close his mouth.

"Now eat slow, not in one gulp so you can at least have a small taste of something other than cow ribs," I say as he closes his mouth. By the movements of his throat under his jaw, he was moving his tongue around his mouth to try and taste the strange food; then gulping it down. "So, did you like it?" I ask, looking for any kind of reaction.

He stopped all movements for a while before making approving snorting noises. I chuckled and patted his snout again so I could give him the rest. He complied, and I just threw the rest inside his big mouth. He ate the food happily as I could see and hear his tail swishing from side to side. I put the styrofoam box next to the door, so I didn't forget it and walked back to Levi.

I stood next to his head that was comfortably laid on the dirt. His size was always something I could never fully grasp. He was an enormous beast with just his head being slightly smaller than my height, but still very big. He lifted his head when I was right next to him as his hands were tucked next to his body.

He nudged my side with his snout and sniffed me. But instead of just going back to his 'laying my big head down' or push me onto the ground wanting to play, he growled angrily.