8 🦖

I felt so bad. I couldn't see Levi as I was prohibited from leaving my room for the next two days. Then after that, I still wasn't allowed to work. Owen would take me to stay with him and look at how he trained the raptors. It was very cool to see such predators running around their enclosure.

Owen would let a pig run around, making sure the Raptors would practice their instincts and not letting the pig get killed. Poor thing, running from giant reptiles with deadly teeth and claws, hungry for warm blood.

"Imagine if you were the pig; I would be terrified," I say to Owen as we stood on the pass walk on the top of the enclosure.

"I think I would die later than if you fell. They may not be 'trained,' but they would most likely listen to my orders before they pounced," Owen said. I may be wrong, but I think I would last longer than Owen. Blue had the chance to kill me when he pulled me through the cage. But he didn't.

"Yeah sure," I joke.

"How did you get that wound again? It looks like it hurt," He turned to me and gently grabbed my arm. I can't tell me that a newly engineered hybrid that is extremely dangerous but behaves as a puppy bit me.

"Umm, one of the baby dinosaurs was too hungry and bit my arm," I nodded my head at my own affirmation, trying to look convincing.

"Yeah sure. Just be careful not to let it happen again," He ruffled my hair and grabbed a rat from a bucket.

"Eww! You touched my hair!" I slapped his arm in disgust. Even though I'm used to touching meet and get dirty in blood, my hair is a big no, no.

"Stop complaining," He threw the dead rat do Delta who ate it in a single gulp.

"Asshole," I mumbled under my breath as he smirked. "Well, I'm going to go to the lab. Maybe I won't get dirtier than I need, "I turned around and walked away from Owen.

"See you later Beast," He waved, and I waved back. Because of my injured arm, I had to ask for someone to drive me back to the lab.

After a more or less awkward drive back to the main building, I walked through the door and looked around the technological building. Kids were running around, outside the glass wall looking amazed.

"Hello Miss Evans, what can I do for you?" I looked to who was talking to me to see Dr. Wu.

"Oh, I was just walking around. I'm not allowed to work because of this," I lifted my arm for him to see. "So I have nothing to do for the next four days."

"Did the Indominus did this?" He asked worryingly.

"Yeah. Some people scared him because they were after some blood samples. So when I tried to go near him, he bit me. It hurt a lot, but he didn't go for more. Instead, he licked my wound to stop the bleeding," I explained.

"Well, that was unexpected. We had to hold him back not to devour his sibling, and he goes and licks you. That's interesting," He mumbled the last part. "It seems as if he's taken a liking to you. That could explain his current behavior, all aggressive to anyone that gets inside his enclosure."

I always remembered that reptiles never like their owner or the one who handled them. They simply tolerate them. They would give them a place to live, food to eat, water to drink, and all they had to do is behave. So thinking Levi would 'take an interest in me' only gave me the thought that he tolerated me than other people.

"What does he do?" I ask.

"Well, when someone tries to give him food he jumps on them, biting and scratching everything he can. Then they tried to use a crane to give him food, in which he almost broke it," He started walking, and I followed him.

"He might be traumatized from before," I comment.

"Maybe. But since this has never happened before and from what I could gather, he likes you. So I hope you can get back and give him company or he may turn into the beast we all fear he is," With that, he gives me a slight nod and walks away.

"That was interesting," I mumble to myself. "Let's check the other dinosaurs," I walk out of the lab, looking around the different attractions. No matter how many times I walk through the park and look at each dinosaur, I still can't stop the amazement that I feel.

I stop at the T-Rex enclosure, inside the giant fallen tree trunk. There were fewer people than before, making it easier to look through the glass. Unfortunately, there was nothing but trees. He must be somewhere else or asleep.

I walk out of the 'tree' not knowing a pair of eyes followed me from the outside. But before I could even make my way to the door, I see a frantic worker running inside the 'tree.'

"Is everything okay?" I walk up to him in worry.

"Yeah, it's just- the Tyrannosaurus- he is sick and- no one can help me," He pauses to take in air between his words.

"Maybe I can" I offer even though I know I shouldn't be working.

"Sorry, only qualified personnel can help, no tourists allowed inside the cage," He gives me a sorry look.

"It's okay. I work here. I'm known to handle reptiles and big birds, so I think I can help up," I smile.

"Oh, you are that girl they talked about. Like the dinosaur whisperer," I look down embarrassed but nod either way. "Alright, let's go," He waves his hand for me to follow him.

We had to take some turns and go through many doors before we got to the room where it leads directly inside the enclose. There were lots of panels with information about the dinosaur inside. One of them was red, meaning his health wasn't really that good.

"Poor thing, he is suffering from stress," I frown when I analyze the data.

"Wow, you are really an expert. It took me a few weeks so I could understand what all those numbers and lines meant," I chuckled at his joke. "We first have to tranquilize him," He presses some buttons, and a few seconds later there were sounds of compressed air being released. He must have noticed my confused look because he explained what it was. "Inside the enclosure, there are some guns; none are harmful, that can shoot the Rex without anyone getting inside from anywhere he is."

I nod and gather some medical stuff to help the poor creature.

"Okay, here we go Mr. Rex."

-------

Guys, I know this chapter was extremely short, but I just wanted to post something for you.

The next chapter will come in a few days so don't worry.

I did this in my other story; I asked a reader about something that would happen by the end if they liked the idea if they had any suggestions and stuff. I got very nice ideas from them, and I would like to do this here.

Is anyone willing to sacrifice themselves for some spoiler, because I'm in doubt of something that I plan on doing, more like writing in the future? Warning, it would be a major spoiler. (Not really for me but it depends on the person. I don't care about spoilers about most things so yeah.)

Thank you so much for all the votes and reads.

Please don't forget to vote and comment on what you thought, and 'see' you next chapter.

8 comments and I'll update as fast as I can. But please don't comment as an obligation.

Dec 15, 2018