24

"Fuck!" I scream while grease jumps from the pan and lands directly on the top of my arm.

I run over to the sink and quickly turn on the cold water, putting my arm under the tap.

"You okay?"  I hear a voice say . I turn around and Leo is laughing.

He's all dressed and ready, while I on the other hand look like a damm trash bag .

"I'm fine ." I tell him while turning off the tap.

"What are you up to?" He asks me, I look back at him and furrow my eyebrows.

"Cooking." I say I'm a duh tone,and walk back to the pan.

I finish cooking the last of my breakfast, and put it all on a plate , grabbing a fork . I walk over to Leo and sit across from him .

The stairs start to creak , and I look over . My mum had her jacket and bag on . Then she looks over at me.

"Zoe."  She glares and eyes me up and down . I tilt my head, not understanding why she was so pissed off .

"What?" I ask, taking a bite of my food.

"This."  She points back and forth between me and Leo . " why is it that Leo is ready to go shopping with us ,you're the one getting the dress and you look like this ."  She points at me once more and rolls her eyes.

"I forgot ." I mumble, looking down at my plate .

"I'll be waiting in the car, go get dressed ." And with that , she walks out the door.

"Fuck sake." I mutter.

"She wants her wedding to be perfect." Leo says , I mean of course she does, but she's so damm pushy .

-

"Come on , Zoe . Let's find you a dress!" My mum yells with a huge smile on her face . I groan , following behind her.

Leo walks behind me and leans down to my ear. "Don't act so excited." He whispers.

We get to the formal dresses and I gasp . "There's so many."

"Isn't this exciting?" My mum smiles .

No,this just means I'm gonna be here forever.

Mum walks over to a rack of dresses , looking through them . She picks one out and holds it up .

I scrunch my nose up, "that's hideous." The dress was orange with green ruffles.

She shrugs and looks at me . "I think it's nice ." I shake my head. My mum looks over at Leo , "what do you think ,sweetie ?" Pointing the dress at him.

He looks over at me.

"No." I mouth to him , pretending to gag.

He smirks and looks at my mum , " I think it looks great ." 

I clench my teeth together, pointing my middle finger at him. That asshole . My mum smiles at the dress and puts it to the side .

Leo gets up from his chair , and walks over to one of the racks . Is he really gonna find a dress I like , ha . Probably not.

I cross my arms and watch him as he looks through the different dresses . He pauses for a moment and grabs a dress. I part my lips in shock , not because it was hideous , but it was beautiful.

"Do you like it?" He asks while playing with the material. I rush over to him and grab the dress from him .

"I'll take that as a yes." He laughs .

"Mum, we found one ."  I shout at my mum who was on the other side of the store . She walks over to us and looks at the dress.

"Are you sure sweetie ? The orange one is really nice ." I try my best not to scream . The fucking orange dress is ugly.

"No mum ." I say impatiently . "I like this one."

She sighs and nods her head, "okay."

We walk to the counter and pay for the dress. I'll just say , it was kinda expensive.

"You kids hungry?" My mum asks Leo and I as we walk out the store .

"I thought you'd never ask." Leo runs over to the food court.

My mum looks over to me, "he's a little crazy , huh."  I laugh at her comment .

You have no idea.

We all sit at a booth. Leo and I were side by side , while my mum is across from us .

"What do you guys want?" She asks.

"Hm." I look over at Leo and he shrugs . "McDonald's." I smile . My mum nods , before walking over to the McDonald's across the court.

"I believe I deserve a thank you." Leo says and looks at me.

I slightly smile . "For what?"

"Because I picked out your dress." He grins , clearly proud of himself.

"Okay, fine."

"Thank you." I add a cheesy smile . Leo giggles and grabs my hand under the table, he intertwines our fingers and brings my hand to rest on his lap.

My mum returns with our McDonald's bag , and hands Leo and I our burgers .

"Thanks ." We both say in unison.

_______________________________I feel like getting my nose pierced  🤷🏽‍♀️- g

I feel like getting my nose pierced  🤷🏽‍♀️
- g