46

"This is exactly why you need to listen!" Leo yells, slamming his hands against the dashboard. I flinch not saying a word.

"Aren't you gonna say something?" He looks over at me, slamming harder on the dashboard. I shake my head.

"Why not?" He roughly runs his hands through his hair.

"Because you're mad at me." I say as almost a whisper, looking down at my lap.

"Damn right I'm mad." He gets out of the car, slamming the door. I sigh watching as Leo begins to walk away.

I open my car door and get out. "You can't just leave me here!" I shout as he was walking further down the road.

"I'm going to find help!" He shouts not looking back at me, inching further away. I get back in the car and lock the doors. This is just great. Why does this always happen?

I lean my seat back and look at the ceiling of the car. I wonder if my mum and Nick are back home yet. If they find out we're gone, this is just adding to our time of not being able to do anything. This time, I'm the one getting Leo in trouble.

-

My eyes flutter open as there is a knock on the car window. I quickly sit up and unlock the doors. Leo opens up my door.

"This is Mick, he's letting us use his gas can." Leo gestures to the boy next to him. He looked about our age.

I get out of the car and smile. "Thank you so much."

"It's no problem." Mick smiles, holding his hand out. I push his hand down and embrace him in a hug.

"I'm sorry but you're seriously saving my ass, I needed to give you a hug." I pull away and he laughs.

Leo opens the lid to the gas can and begins to pour it inside of the car. I cross my arms, trying to keep warm and watch as he finishes filling the tank and screws the lid shut.

"Thanks again, man." Leo gives the can back to Mick. We all say goodbye and I get back in the car, starting it up and watching as it goes from empty to full.

"I'm sorry for shouting at you." Leo mumbles, looking out the window. I sigh, making a u-turn and driving the route back home.

"It's fine." I lie, not making eye contact with him.

"It's really not, Zoe." He says, shifting so he's facing me. I gulp trying not to cry as I keep my eyes on the road. I hate when Leo and I fight.

"I love you , and you mean so much to me." He holds my hand that was on the middle console and intertwines our fingers together. "I just have anger issues."

I nod, remembering when Leo told me about his anger problems and how when he was younger he had to go to counseling for it.

"I love you too, Leo." I sniff, looking over at him for a brief second before returning my eyes to the road.

"How much do you love me?" He asks, catching me off guard. No one has actually asked how much I loved them before.

"More than anyone else," I reply, feeling confident with my answer. He smiles and kisses the back of my hand.

"How much do you love me?" I ask him this time.

"If hugging you shows how much I love you," He looks at me and rubs his thumb against the back of my hand. "Let's just say, I'll always hold you in my arms."

I smile, feeling my cheeks turn a light shade of pink. I was blushing like idiot .

I turn down the road where our house is and sigh in relief when I don't see mum or Nicks car in the driveway.

"Thank god," I mumble as I turn in the driveway and park the car in the garage.

Leo and I both quickly go back inside and place the keys where we found them.

"I'm sorry," I sigh, looking down at the floor. Leo pulls me closer to him, holding onto my waist.

"Babe, let's just forget about it." Leo says, kissing my forehead. I lay my head against his chest and wrap my arms around his torso.

"Are you hungry?" Leo asks, looking at me. I nod my head and smile, not showing my teeth.

He grabs my hand and leads me to the chair by the island."You sit, and I'll make us dinner." He helps me on the chair and smiles.

"What are you making?" I ask, grabbing both his hands and resting them on my lap.

"You'll see." He sends me a playful wink and walks into the kitchen, dramatically putting on the apron.

"Chef DiCaprio in the house!" He shouts, putting one hand on his waist and holding up a whisk from the utensil drawer up high with the other hand.

I laugh and watch in amusement as he grabs the ingredients from the cabinets.

-
Guess who's back, back again
Shady's back, tell a friend
- g