Chapter twelve

Four POV:

In the morning we will have to start our journey in the games. I just want it to be over. I want to know my fate. The people in the districts will watch it. Of course I want Tris to survive but I want to win too. I have to make a decision between winning and dying. I hear a light tap on the door. "Yeah. It's open." I yell. A small elegant figure moves towards me. Tris, I'm glad. "Can I stay with you tonight?" She asks me clearly upset by something. "Baby girl. You don't have to ask, you know that." I try my best to sound sympathetic towards her but I'm feeling the same thing. Soon we will both either be dead or dealing with the pain of losing a part of ourselves. I don't want to think of that. "I love you Tris, don't ever forget that. If I die in the arena I want you to have my ring so you have a part of me." She smiles slightly and her cheeks blush. "I love you too Tobias, more than anything in the world." I pull her close to me and she instantly falls asleep, I can tell by her breathing. I wish there was a way that we could stay together. I would give anything to grow old with her "I'm sorry." I whisper and kiss her head. I eventually fall asleep too. From tomorrow we might lose each other. I cant bare the idea. Haymitch must know something that we could do but I would never be able to tell Tris. It would be too dangerous. 

Word Count: 273