Chapter five

Tris POV:

When I wake the next morning, Four is gone. It takes me 10 minutes to realise he probably went to get breakfast. I pull on a cardigan and walk cautiously to the dining area. Haymitch and Four are talking about something. "So have you got any tips or tricks to help us?" I butt in. "Now, now Tris its simply to early to think about stuff like that. At least wait until I have had breakfast." He starts cutting open a scone "Would you pass me the jam Tris?" I just sit there. He reaches forward to get the jam and I stab a knife into the table between his fingers. He flicks his hair out of his eyes "Now young lady, I better watch our for you." Effie walks in with a bright smile on her face, "Well you two you've got a big day ahead of you. Hope you had a good sleep!" I glance over a Four and he holds the same expression as I do. Shocked. How could a woman look as cheerful as that knowing what our fate holds?

The train lurches to a stop signalling our arrival in the Capitol. First we will see our apartment, find out who the other tributes are and then meet our stylists who will dress us. The more people like you, the more sponsors you get. The sponsors help you get through the games. You get gifts from them such as bread, soup and sometimes medicine. It's up to our mentor, Haymitch, and our stylists to get us those sponsors.

Our apartment is on the top floor of the housing, level 12. Each district has their own level. It's spacious and for the Capitol, quite plain. The cupboards on the other hand are multi coloured, not at all plain. They consist of blue, red and pinks. Girls walk around tidying the place even though its already tidy. "You can leave now." Effie demands. She shows us our bedrooms. We sit on the sofa expectantly, waiting for the report to come on.

"Hello and welcome to the 25th Death Games. Jeanine and I, President Snow are willing to give you time to settle in. Here are the tributes for this year." His voice has no emotion in it, however it demands attention. Jeanine's voice comes next. "From district 1 -Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark. District 2 -Peter Hayes and Molly Atkinson. District 3 -Christina Kravitz and Will Hughes. District 4 -Rue Sterling and Thresh Okeyni. District 5 -Tori Jones and Mac Phiffer. District 6 -Primrose Shields and Caleb Elgort." She almost spits the words. The screen moves its focus back onto President Snow. "District 7 -Finnick Odair and Mags Smith. District 8 -Eric Courtney and Foxface. District 9 -Natalie Judd and Andrew Goldwyn. District 10 -Aimee Jones and Albert Madson. District 11- Claire Giddings and Gale Hawthorne. Finally from District 12 we have Tris Prior and Tobias Eaton." The camera now focuses on both of them, they sit next to each other but you can tell that something goes on between them. "Congratulations to our tributes. The opening ceremony will begin at 8' 0 clock sharp." The screen goes blank and we are left staring at the wall. We have five hours to get prepared. "Right," Effie says "No time to waste." We head to the lift to go to the styling level. Me and Four go to different stylists. My stylist introduced himself as soon as I walk over to him "My name is Cinna, I'm your stylist for the games. These are my assistants." He points to a strange looking man, he has bright blue hair that stands up on it's own and tattoos that cover hid face. "I'm Flavia." he says, his voice is really high as if he was screeching. The girl next to him is the complete opposite. Her hair is grey and from what I can see she only has a tattoo on her arm "I'm Octavia." She announces "It's a pleasure to meet you Tris." I'm amazed at how different Flavia and Octavia are. Cinna speaks up again "Could you two leave me to do my magic?" They leave and he turns to face me "Right, now Tris for the opening ceremony you have to dress in what your district is known for. However as your district is known for being the makers, no one will remember you. I've come up with a dress that will make people remember you, no one will ever forget you." I don't know whether to take it as a complement or as a rude remark.

The dress is pure white. There is a remote control attached to it in a hidden a secret compartment. "What does that do?" I ask pointing at the button. "Ah that. It makes ice appear on the dress. It's clever isn't it. It's not real ice so you won't freeze to death but they don't know that." He says smiling, I nod. It does look nice but no one will remember this, will they? "Tris, the girl who was made of ice!"

Word Count: 851