38

Joe's POV

I woke up feeling tired and sick. I could still taste the beer that I had drunk last night. Ugh. I hadn't had beer for a long time, but there was a reason why I did drink beer last night. 

I stretched and looked around. I was in my bedroom. I don't remember getting here, the last thing I remember last night was when someone patted me on the back. I wasn't sure who. I then heard rustling down in the kitchen.

I tried to think who it could be, moments realising that it was Jim, Tanya, Niomi and Marcus. Jim had told me at the end of our phonecall that he was coming to our's. I was too drunk last night to even know that they had arrived and most probably took me to my bedroom, being the good friends that they were.

My head started pounding when I got out of my bed. Headaches after drinking were the worst.

I went to the bathroom, but the door was closed. One of them was obviously in there.

I went into the kitchen in attempt to find food. I was hungry, I could eat anything at all. Deliciously wafting smells from the kitchen weren't helping at all. They were making breakfast.

I walked into the kitchen and saw that Jim was frying bacon and eggs. "Good morning Joe, had a good sleep have we?" He smiles at me, in his polite manner.

I smile back at him, although my head was pounding and I wanted was the bacon and eggs on the pan, my gaze flicking at the food. "Good morning Jimbob. It was great, how about you?"

I take some plates from the cupboard and cutlery out too.

"My sleep was great, thank you very much."

He starts putting the bacon and eggs on three of the plates. Putting toast on the side. Tanya, Jim and mine. Marcus and Niomi were already sitting on the couch eating there yoghurt and fruit. Still being as healthy as ever.

Jim hands me a plate and hands me a packet. "Take these too, they'll help with your headache. Well, they used to help me when I had a headache in my drinking days."

"Thank you." I accept the packet and the plate of bacon and eggs.

He smiles. 

I go to the couch and sit down with Marcus and Niomi.

"How are we this morning Joe?"

"I just have a headache," I get my knife and cut through my bacon and my toast too.

"As expected."

I smirk. I chew on my mouthful and savour the deliciousness of it. "When are we going to visit Caspar in the hospital?"

"We're going straight after we finish eating." Niomi says getting up from the couch with her bowl.

I nod and carry on eating.

At around 10:30, we all had finished eating and getting ready. We piled into the special limousine like car and we start to head to the hospital.