36

Joe's POV

I picked up my phone and at that exact same time, my phone started ringing. It was a number that I didn't know.

It was kind of risky to pick up your phone when you didn't know who it was, especially if you had quite a few people watching your YouTube videos.

I decided not to pick it up. I set my phone to silent and carried on editing my new gaming video. Minecraft Cube SMP.

If you didn't know what Minecraft Cube SMP was, then I don't know what you're up to.

It's like normal Minecraft, but it's multiplayer. It's always survival mode and you're supposed to build shops and stuff at spawn. It's very fun.

You wouldn't expect me to play it right? But Joey and Stacy recommended it for us to play.

They said that it'll enhance our skills on actual Minecraft. By 'our' I'm meaning the British Crew. Most of us had gaming channels. Chai, Alfie, Marcus, Jim, Caspar, Joey, Stacy and I.

It may be different and noobish, but if I'm honest, I find it really entertaining.

Most of my gaming channel subscribers and viewers really enjoy it and are estatic when I post episodes up, so if my viewers are somewhat happy then I'm happy.

The Landline started ringing and I paused the Minecraft Cube episode that I was editing.

I picked it up. "Hello, this is Joe Sugg here."

"Hi, how are you today?" said a professional man voice.

"I'm pretty darn well, and yourself?"

"Good good. By any chance, are you the room mate or friend of Mr Caspar Lee?"

I was prepared to hang up. It seemed like a viewers dad.

But I gave him or whoever he was, a chance.

"Um, yeah I am, why is that?"

He sighs. "Well, your friend Caspar was in a car accident when he was coming back to your home I believe. He stopped at a red light and went on a green one, while the other person didn't stop when there was a red light for them so they crashed into him."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Didn't our bodyguard take Caspar there? But maybe that was a lie. I looked in our driveway and saw one car. And it was mine. Shit.

My throat became dry. I couldn't speak. But all I could muster out was, "Is he okay?"

"He's in a critical condition. Unstable. We are keeping an eye out for him right now. We will call you as soon as we hear anything else."

I nod, as if he was here to see.

"He is also in a private room with his bodyguard, seeing as he is famous. If you are worried that anyone saw the incident, don't stress. Nobody knows apart from us."

I nod once again.

Hearing the silence the man coughed.

"Are you okay Mr Sugg?"

I wiped my face with my hand. "Yeah, I guess."

"Okay, hope you have a good rest of the night and I'll hopefully see you and his family later on tomorrow."

"You told his family?"

"Yes, I also called you on your mobile and you didn't pick up."

Of course it was you.

"I thought it was someone else."

"Anything else?"

"No. Thank you for telling me."

"It's okay, good bye for now."

"Good bye."

Caspar. Why did it have to be him? Out of all people it had to be him.

I tried to go to sleep, but I constantly tossed and turned worrying about him. I decided to call Jim, to tell him about it. He was a brotherly figure, and plus if I told Zoe, she would have probably booked the next flight back to England, no doubt. I didn't want to ruin there honeymoon.

"Hello! Why are you calling at such a time like this Joe Sugg?" Jim says, cheerful as ever.

Why did he have to be so cheerful? This news would probably make himself the opposite of what he was feeling now, which would be sad.

"Um, hi Jim. There has been some terrible news." I swallowed tears as I talked to him.

"Yeah and what is that?"

I couldn't take it anymore. I wasn't as strong as you might think I was. "Caspar's in hospital. He had a car crash." Tears ran down my face as I said that.

I couldn't believe that my best friend in the whole entire world, was in hospital, because of some jerk who didn't look at the bloody street lights.

He was my best friend, brother. We were partners for everything. All the couples would go together and we would immediately go together too. 

He was in an unstable and critical condition in hospital.

Caspar.

"Shit. Are you okay? Is he okay?" Jim says, his tone becoming worried and upset.

"Yeah I'm fine, but it's Caspar that I'm worried about. They said that he was in a critical condition. An unstable condition. What happens if he doesn't survive this?"

I hear Jim sniff from the other end of the line. "He'll be fine Joe. Don't stress."

"But he's my best friend. I can't lose him."

"You won't, I assure you."

"Do you want me to come to your house with Niomi, Marcus and Tanya?" Jim asks obviously wanting the whole crew to stick together at this kind of time.

"Yes please. If you can."

"Of course we can! We'll stay the night and then we'll go see him in the morning at the hosptial."

"Thank you, that means a lot Jim."

"No problem. I'll see you soon."

"Bye."

And with that. I went to my couch, turned on the the TV and took out a packet of chips (crisps) out to eat, while I cried silently to myself and while waiting for Jim and the others to come. 

I was crying because I didn't like the thought of losing my best friend that I had known and lived with for about 5 years. You would do the same if you were in the same situation, so don't tell me that I'm being 'too upset.'