13 *

Minho thought that the two were okay. While Caleb wasn't necessarily a bad person, it was very easy to get on his bad side.

Or so it seemed.

The younger was very irritable. And he stayed in his studio a lot.

He tended to avoid the older more often.

Sometimes [rarely] when they hung out, he'd rush off as if he had forgotten something. And sometimes he'd just say and do things out of the blue.

For example, the day after their activities, Caleb had went on about how he used to talk to his grandmothers rabbit.

His name was Hairey. Not Harry. Not Hairy. Hairey.

Anyways, Caleb went on talking about how he used to have conversations with his grandma's rabbit. And Minho thought it was funny at first.

But then the younger went on to talk about how the rabbit told him to do bad stuff. And he seemed dead serious about what he was talking about.

They fortunately had been cut off by Minho's phone ringing.

Fast forward four days later; Minho hadn't seen much of Caleb.

A few times around campus.

But rarely around the apartment.

It was sad that he saw the guy more outside of the apartment than in the apartment.

Tonight was a special night.

It was the third month anniversary of living together. And Minho always like to go out and get a small gift for Caleb.

A token of appreciation. Because if Caleb hadn't invited Minho then Minho could've been somewhere worse right now.

Minho had just returned from the store with a 4-pack of those tiny red velvet cupcakes.

He knew that the younger didn't really eat sweets. He was very set on not doing so.

In fact, he only consumed sweets once a month. And that was when Minho brought his 'thank you for letting me house here' gift.

Usually in the form of something sweet.

But as he neared the guy's studio, he could hear him talking.

At first he thought that maybe he was on the phone. But he wasn't. Because his phone was on the dining room table.

No one else was over because if they were, their shoes would be at the front door. Caleb didn't let anyone leave from the front door area until both of their shoes were off.

Completely off.

Not untied and halfway off.

Completely off.

So no one else was here.

He had to be talking to himself.

He did that a lot, actually. So to be honest, it didn't really bother him. Not as much as it did in the beginning.

What really bothered him was what he had heard next...

"And why exactly should I kill him?"