I just want to know what happened to my memories. I'm a Hybrid. There's no way I could have been compelled... is there?

"You look deep in thought. Everything okay?"
I turned around to see the source of this soothing voice, and I was met with the face of a gorgeous man. His eyes were a stunning shade of blue that perfectly matched his dark hair, and the stubble on his face was really hot.

My heart started racing just from looking at him. That's never happened before. Who was he?

"Just stuff."
I replied with a smile.

"Stuff? Sounds intense."
He laughed slightly and sat next to me, his laugh and little smile sending a feeling shooting through me that I couldn't quite place.
"Care to share?"

I shrugged. I felt like I could trust him and I don't know why.
"Trying to learn all my secrets and I don't even know your name."
I laughed a little and took a sip of my drink.

"Oh! Manners. I'm Malachai. Nice to meet you."
He smiled and extended his hand for me to shake.

I smiled back.
"Malachai? That's a unique name. I'm Sylvia."
I took his hand and shook it. The second I did, I felt his slightly cold touch and yet another weird feeling shot through my body. Almost like his touch sent a fiery shot through my veins.
"So, you're a vampire?"
I laughed a little and took another sip.

He chuckled in response.
"I guess I am, yeah. How perceptive of you."

I rolled my eyes.
"So you're a funny one, huh?"

"The funniest."
He winked at me and it made my heart flutter.

Who was he?!?!

....

I'd spent a few hours here with Malachai, and he was one of the funniest people I've ever met. He'd managed to make some sort of insulting comment about someone just by looking at him.

"And that one looks like his family tree is a wreath."
Malachai smiled triumphantly and it made me snort to the point alcohol nearly came through my nostrils.

"Wow, you really are mean aren't you?"
I managed to speak while laughing.

"To most people."
He smiled back. He thought for a moment before smirking.
"What do you say we head out of here? I have an apartment in town."

"I thought you'd never ask."
I smirked back and downed the rest of my drink, before grabbing my jacket and following Malachai out of the Grill.

"It's not far, I chose one of the nicest apartments."
He smiled at himself as he sauntered off ahead.

"I didn't know you lived in town, I thought I would have seen you before now."

"It's... a secondary place."
He grinned at me.
"I live waaaayyyy out of town, but I have this apartment for when I visit. I'm not around a lot."

I just nodded and decided to keep following him. There was something about this Malachai that I couldn't quite define.

.....

As Malachai unlocked his apartment door, the interior sparked familiarity and an intense deja vu feeling. I looked around and I realised just how cosy this place felt.

"Wow, this is almost like the perfect place to live."

"For someone like you?"
Kai replied with a smile as he locked the door.
"I'd probably say a cabin-like house in a secluded forest,"
I looked at him shocked, it was pin-point accurate.
"With a cosy fireplace and fluffy blankets,"
He slowly walked closer to me.
"A kitchen that looks straight out into the living room,"
As he got very close to me, I just realised how his demeanour switched to extremely dominant.
"With a decking out the back to place your clothes before a run,"
He put his thumb and forefinger over my chin, lifting my head up to look at him as I swallowed hard.
"And lastly, a luxury bathroom and a cozy bedroom with a giant bed for you to starfish on."
He did a sexy side-smile and he looked into my eyes, like he could see my soul.