15. Fighting & Breathing

Jacob stood as he heard chants and cheers. Leandro endorsed him in the fight. He looked at Alfonso. This fight had no rules. None. Any move went down as allowed. He was surprised such thing was allowed to be a sport in any school. Surely this could not be legal. He wished jean didn't hear of this. Alfonso was not such a nice kid. He didn't mind flooring him but he was sure jean was going to mind. If she found out. After he had done well in boxing anyone who was into fighting wanted to make a name if they had a chance to come on top. Alfonso wanted to make a name and say I beat this guy Leandro referred to as the wall.

As Jacob moved forward, Alfonso said "Back off while you can. You won't survive this. Forfeit."

Jacob's expression hardened. "Here I was intending to go easy on you. Go on. Attack me and see the result."

Alfonso in a snap decision threw a fast punch at Jacob's jaw.

Jacob didn't move. He didn't cringe.

Alfonso said "Back out of this fight. It's gonna hurt." He then tried to mask his pain as he started waving his hand feeling pain.

Jacob said "Come at me again and I will roast you kid." Jacob had every intention of putting this kid in his place.

Alfonso said "We will see who gets roasted." He then tried again this time. He threw a straight punch at him and Jacob Just then saw Jean in the crowd and as Alfonso's hand approached his jaw he made a move on instinct and blocked his punch. Then before he could react he heard Alfonso groan in pain. He looked Alfonso on the ground holding his hand to his chest and then he looked at jean. He put his hand up while looking at his sister. He mouthed "It was an accident."

The other boys started gathering round Alfonso and one asked for a medic.

Jean tried to enter the scene and the boys manning the stage let her in. They instantly recognised her. She walked to Jacob and touched his face.

Jacob said "Flower pot. I am an innocent victim. He is the one who hit me first. No lie. Ask anyone."

Leandro was watching closely with a frown. He watched as she was stroking the spot on Jacob's jaw where he was punched rubbing circles. He walked to stand next to Jacob quickly "He seems ok jean. You don't need to worry."

Jean didn't look at Leandro. She was looking at Jacob's face only "I know he seems fine. He always is fine after a fight. I wish he didn't fight. It's not ever a fair fight. Is it Jacob?" She then turned to look at Alfonso. She wished her brother didn't cause pain on others because he could.

As jean let go of Jacob's face Leandro let go of the breath he was holding. He wished he was the one hit. Then he could see if jean would have done the same.

Jean walked to Alfonso and said "Where is the first aid kit. I am a first aider. Can you all carry him outside please?"

Leandro was not going to allow this. Not a chance. There was no way jean was going to touch Alfonso. He watched as the boys carried outside and put Alfonso down. Then they handed a first aid kit that was to the stage to her.

Leandro told the guys to carry on fighting as he followed Jacob and walked to her "Jean. He will be fine. We have first aiders coming."

Jean knelt down next to Alfonso "Can I have your hand? I think you have sprained it."

The arena became noisy once a again as there was more fighting and cheering.

Jacob just watched silently wishing jean hadn't seen him.

Leandro sat down next to her and grabbed Alfonso's wrist quickly and spoke louder than necessary to drown the noise "I said he will be fine." Then there was a crunch sound that made Alfonso scream. By the sound of it, Leandro had just made the injury worse. He let go of Alfonso's hand as Jean reached to grab Alfonso's hand and touched Leandro's hand instead. Alfonso quickly grabbed his injured hand with his good hand and started nursing it while crying now.