9. Sound of Her Music

Leandro watched Jean play with satisfaction. He was sitting not far droll her watching her play the piano and practicing her voice. She was so beautiful. He couldn't get enough of watching her. She seemed oblivious to how beautiful she was. She sang her heart out. Even though she came across as shy her music was implying anything but a shy girl was performing. She was able to express her personality through music. He didn't mind her music even though he didn't like the song itself. He only cared for her voice. Hearing her made him have feelings he never had or ever thought he could. Was it a sin to listen to her? He was hoping it wasn't. His father would have known. He was what he wanted to be. His father was his idol. The only man he looked upto. His father was his mentor. His words and views mattered to him.

Leandro at the thought of his father leaned forward and held his face in his hands taking a deep breath. He wasn't sure if he wanted to introduce her to his father. He couldn't put this fragile girl in front of man who's stare burned holes into any one. It took practice for men to avoid his gaze. He was meant to introduce her to his father or his father was going to be very cross. Leo had already told their father about his girl. She was part of the family who served generations of rosarios. Elena was a misfit but her family were quite traditional. It was nothing that couldn't be fixed with her. Leandro had to see his father but he needed to plan what to do if the background check failed. For the first time he felt so much fear and doubt in his life. He never feared anyone but his father and right now he was worried his father was going to reject his girl. Her background on file didn't point to anything of concern. If her family was the enemy his father wouldn't have let her in. But accepting a student into the school had a different procedure to getting accepted into the family.

As much as Leandro hated it he had to find out his father's verdict. If he told him tonight there was a chance he was not going to see jean again if his father decided to banish her. His father was going to make sure he didn't associate himself with anyone he considered a threat to the family. So Leandro decided to enjoy the time while it lasted.

Leandro stood up and walked to jean. He slowly walked to her and jean didn't notice he was standing behind her. He clapped for her when she finished and startled her. She stood up and turned looking into his eyes "You scared me.

Leandro thought to himself "If you think I am scary wait till you meet my father." He said "Jean. Do you want to grab a soda? I want to talk to you about something."

She nodded without protest. She followed him. He had been kind enough to let her practice there at his club and let her remember her songs she hadn't practiced for a long time. The least she could do was to be nice.

Leandro went behind the counter and poured soda into two glasses. His love for soda was inherited from his father. He pushed a glass towards her and said "Take a seat."

Jean sat down on a stool next to the bar  and stared at her glass which was easier than looking up. She found him too handsome right now. When he looked relaxed he didn't seem as intimidating and his gorgeous blue eyes showed their colour.

Leandro sat on a stool behind the bar opposite her. He said "Drink. The fizziness will be lost soon. You don't want the drink to go flat. He then started drinking.

Jean looked up "I like my soda flat."

She then quickly looked down as she saw his eyebrows furrowed. She sensed like she had said something offensive. Did he love his drink fizzy?

Leandro finished his drink and put it down "Well. You will get used to it Jean. Try it with the fizz. We will have plenty of time from now on to get used to it..."

Jean looked up confused "What... what do you mean?"

Leandro explained. "I will take you to grab a soda quite a lot from now on."