37. Changes

Leandro was laying down in his bed. He couldnt sleep. He was thinking of how the day had changed his life. He didnt feel the same. He felt better. He had never been so happy. He had never been feeling so free. Jean had changed his life. Jean's openness was nothing he could possibly take for granted. He never dreamt of a day to share his first kiss to feel so great. The kiss on the cheek from Jean meant so much to him. Jean trusted him enough to kiss him. He never thought a kiss could feel so natural and amazing. Being with Jean felt like breathing.

****

Jean opened her eyes as her alarm clock went off. She stretched her arms and then looked at the time. It was time to wake up. She sat on her bed and took a deep breath. Memories of the day before came running through her mind. She had invited Leandro and had loved every minute of spending time with him. He was such a gentleman. 

*****

Jacob was in the kitchen that he shared with Jean. He was making himself a peanut butter sandwich. Just then Jean came inside the kitchen. "Good Morning."

Jacob smiled "Good morning flower pot".

Jean frowned "Aren't you supposed to have eggs and bananas in the morning. I thought you are supposed to have protein before football practice. Isn't that Leandro's orders for the football team?"

Jacob sighed "Its his orders. Isn't it? But what he doesnt know doesnt hurt him. I felt like some peanut butter."

Jean said "I am joining the cheerleaders this morning for practice while you have your football practice, so I decide to have eggs. Are you sure you dont want any?"

Jacob said "I am fine. Thank you."

Jean took out the pan and started making an omelette. 

Jacob started talking slowly "So... How was yesterday? You went to your room after the Dean left and just drowned yourself in books. I didnt want to disturb you by asking how your date went. Can you tell me if it went ok flower pot?"

Jean turned "It was fine. It was better than I expected. He was such a gentleman."

Jacob said "Ha. He is a gentleman to you flowerpot but he is not one to others in this world."

Jean said "Just dont break his rules and he wont give you detention. He told you to have eggs and you are having peanut butter instead."

Jacob chuckled "Dont tell him what I am having flower pot. Or I wont hear the end of it from him. He likes his lectures and detentions."

Jean smiled. She flipped the omelettes and added some salt and pepper to what she was making. 

Jacob said "Seriously Jeanelle. I think you have to keep some secrets. Your man and you clash on some things.

Jean turned off the stove and picked up the pan and placed the contents in a plate. "What things?"

Jacob said "Come on flower pot you know full well. You know his rules. Anything fun that you knew and loved at our ranch to him is a health and safety hazard. I know he said there is a trip to Hale, Michigan. But come on. Do you really think he wont be blown away by what you and I can get upto if we are set free?"

Jean laughed.

Jacob said "Exactly. Its not funny. Its serious Jean. He will really get a back shock of his life if he sees how much fun he is missing out on."

Jean said "He wont see it as fun. He would see it as health and safety hazards."

Jacob added "And detention worthy."

Jean sat down and started eating her omelettes with baguettes. 

Jacob said "But one thing is for sure. I like that you seem happy here. You dont miss home I take it."