36. Peace

Jacob was staring at Leandro "I get it Leandro but it makes me wonder. What happens if you get mad at flower pot? Will you be as harsh as you are with me? I know you warn me to not question you but I am curious."

Leandro said "Firstly, I have not been harsh to you. It's nothing personal. Anyone who breaks the rules gets what's coming to them." He then thought to himself "But Jean is not just anyone." He then asked " Why do you ask me about your sister? Do you want her to get detention? Or you just want to test how far I will go before I act harshly to kick your habit of questioning me?"

Jacob said "I don't want flower pot to get detention..."

Leandro said "You dont want her to get detention. Thats good. Then why do you keep asking about it. We dont have a problem. Do we? "

Jacob said "We never had a problem. You didnt answer my question... But I know I know. You dont like questions. But you like answers I bet. Where is that cassette you said you are bringing for flower pot? I will put it on for her and you can dance here. Its a good surprise as you planned."

Leandro gave the cassette to Jacob and watched Jacob put the cassette on."Its not a surprise. I just thought she would like some music."

Jacob placed the cassette in the cassette player and said "You know... I would have thought my father would like to speak to you at some point but he doesnt. He trusts you. How have you managed that? He hasn't even met you and he has no worries about you. How did you convince him long distance to think that you are good without meeting my father at all."

Leandro said "Did he say he thinks I am good?"

Jacob chuckled "Sort of. He sort of did. I have no idea how you managed it. He said he doesnt need to speak to you."

Leandro said "I wish I could speak to your father today. I dont mind making myself clear."

Jacob said "Well. You should wish not. My father is very protective of flower pot. He misses her."

Leandro said "I told Jean we have a field trip to your home town soon. Then maybe you can visit and assure your father in person that all is well."

Jacob gasped "Hale? Seriously? What kind of a trip is it going to be?"

Leandro said "A fun one."

Jacob was finding it hard to getting used to his short answers when he didnt want to talk about a topic. He just gave him an answer and expected Jacob to accept it."

****

As Jean came back she watched as Leandro turned the cassette player on and her favourite music came on. 

Leandro asked "Can we dance?" 

Jean smiled "Yes." 

Leandro walked slowly to Jean and held her hand in his. He took a deep breath "This is going to be peaceful. You bring me peace."

Jean and Leandro started dancing slowly to the song. 

Leandro took a deep breath as he was taking in the peace that suddenly was taking over his body. When he was with Jean he just felt at ease. He felt like nothing else mattered in the world. It was as though there was just him and Jean. 

Jean was feeling less nervous now. Leandro was just so gentle and polite. It was hard not to like him. 

Lenadro said "I feel so at ease with you. I feel at peace."

Jean gave out a nervous chuckle "So do I. But... Well. I was never at ease with you. You made me nervous at first."

Leandro said "I did? I am very sorry. How about now? Do you feel nervous?"