Chapter Eighteen

Maka's POV - 

"What do you mean?"

I try to play dumb, hoping he won't pry.

"You're not Aika. Are you? Really?"

I stutter.

"Then who am I if I'm not myself?"

I say, continuing to punch.

"I'd say.. That you were... A girl."

He smirks.

"A girl who... Nobody knows exists. That is, someone who supposedly died oh so many years ago."

Hiro chuckles.

"Oh yeah? Prove it."

I say. I'm actually starting to get a bit titchy now.

"Well, How is it that you know all of this information about a girl that you've never even met?"

Hiro now stands in between me and the punching bag.

"You don't know that."

I retort, not looking him in they eyes.

"Oh, but I do. See, you haven't been to this school before, have you?"

I turn away from this imbecile. Who does he think he is? Prying like that. 

"Well, I think it's best if you give up the charade. I don't think that Lover Boy of yours can hold up much longer."

 Soul.

"Goodbye, Maka Albarn."

I turn around to say something, but he's already gone. With anger in my stride, I huff out of the gym. I'll tell him. I think to myself. Just not yet; maybe not even in this lifetime. 

On my walk home, I hear footsteps behind me, almost as if someone's running to catch up to me. I keep walking. I've had enough shit for one day. I dig my hands deeper into the pockets of my hoodie, and bow my head lower. The footsteps get louder as the person approaches me. I don't turn around.

All of a sudden, I'm being pressed up against the wall of an alley, and my eyes are met with flaming, red anger filled ones. I turn my head away immediately. Then, he speaks.

"Hello, Aika. Or is that not really your name?"

I don't reply. Instead, I say quiet, my lips pursed tightly. Great, this is just what I needed. More people suspecting I'm Maka. 

"Okay then. How about this question?"

Soul says, anger and desperation clear in his voice. 

"How'd you know all of that, aye? Nobody just knows information like that. So tell me. How?"

Again, I stay quiet. If he thinks I'm going to take my hood off and scream "Its me, Maka! I'm not dead!" Then he's wrong. I can feel the anger radiating off of him like the smell of old tuna coming from a garbage can.

"I don't think you want to know the answer to that."

I finally reply. He seems a little surprised by the coolness of my voice.

"Why not?"

Soul presses, not giving up.

"Because. I think you need to calm down, and leave me alone."

I say coolly yet again.

"Calm down?! How can I calm down? How the fuck do you expect me to calm down?"

Soul outbursts, and before he can say anything else, I slap him across the face. That should put an end to that conversation right there. 

Soul is really angry now. His hair is messed and his eyes are full of hatred. I don't blame him. He smiles and lunges at me, dragging me to the ground.

"Want to fight? Well then, let's fight."

Soul says. I need to try and stop him. Calm him down. He's not thinking clearly.

"Soul, go home."

All this does is make him laugh.

"Not so cool now are you? Now you know what it felt like when lost my cool. When she left. And took my cool with her."
He punches my face. I yell and struggle free of him, transforming my forearm into a scythe blade. Soul does the same.

"Bring it." I say. Soul lunges at me, but I dodge. I slash him across the back, barely missing him by a few inches. He lunges at me again, and this time he manages to cut me on the leg. Damn. 

We both stand opposite eachother, my hood is still covering my face. I smile. This should be easy, just like last time. Soul isn't thinking clearly, which means that his moves won't be thought through. It's on.

Soul's POV - 

 Aika thinks she can beat me, aye? Well, she should think again. Anger and despair fuels my hatred for this girl. How did she know all of these things? She knew Maka. She had to have known Maka. Aika comes at me, scythe blade on point, aimed at my neck. I try to move away, but she manages to cut it a small bit. Damnit. I don't know why, but I want this girl dead. She knows what happened to Maka, she knows who she was. But she won't tell me how she knows all of these things! I'll kill her. 

I jump as she slides under me and tries what she did in our last fight, but I know better. She gets up and swings her scythe blade ad my torso. I block it with my left blade. I'm too busy focusing on the blade at my stomach to notice that her other blade is coming fast and swiftly towards me. I block it with my right blade. 

Aika smiles under her hood. What's she got up her sleeve? As soon as this thought generates, a large scythe blade protrudes from her back, and curls over her head. It comes at me, aimed staight for the middle of my skull. I jump back before her blade can make contact with my skin. I smile. I swing my scythe blade at her, but she jumps, and lands behind me. Before I have time to turn around though, she jumps me and pins me to the ground, still not showing her face. Her sandy blond hair hangs in waves centimetres from my cheeks.

"I win. Again."

Her scythe blade is still extending on her arm, which is pressed up against my throat. My eyes burn with hatred. 

Aika gets off of me, and chucks something at me. I realize, that, it is infact a pair of gloves. When I examine them closer, I realize that they are white, with a small indent on each knuckle. Maka's gloves. 

I look up to where she was standing, but she's already gone. The pair of gloves...What did Aika do to my Maka?