19

"It's going to be okay ,Zoe

"It's going to be okay ,Zoe." Kate says ,  rubbing circles on my back. I was sobbing , and couldn't stop.

"Why'd he do that with her while I'm in the house?" I sniffle and look at her . "So I could hear them?" I being to cry even more.

"Don't think like that,Zoe ." She sighs . "How about we go somewhere and get your mind off this."

"I don't feel like going out." I mutter.

"Come on." She shakes me a little . "Don't be sad over some boy."

He's not just some boy. I think to myself.

I wipe my tears and get up .

"Fine." I grab a shirt and a pair of shorts from my closet. " I'm going to get changed ." Kate nods .

I go into the bathroom and change from my pajamas to my clothes. I wash my face and walk back into the room.

"So where are we going?" I fake a smile. Kate wasn't buying it , neither was I .

"Dunno.we'll just go where my car takes us." She grabs my wrist and drags me down the stairs.

-

We arrive at a ice cream parlor downtown. How she know me so well?

I get out the car and so does kate. She walks around the car and links our arms together. We both hurry into the building since it was cold out .

"Go sit down, I'll try and guess your favorite flavor." She grins , I laugh and nod my head. I go find a booth for Kate and I .

She comes back to the booth with two large tubs of ice cream . Kate hands me the pink one and I lick the top .

"Strawberry!" I scream a little too loud . An old couple sitting beside us stares.

"Sorry." I apologize and continued to eat my ice cream . Kate laughs .

"You're crazy ." She says , continuing to eat her bubble gum flavored ice cream . I smile and eat some more of mine.

My phone begins to ring and I look at the caller ID .

' incoming call from
Mum 💞 '

I pick up the phone and take a bite of my ice cream .

"Hi mum." I say .

"Hi sweetie." She speaks softly. We made up since our argument, but she was still disappointed with me.

"I just wanted to let you know curfew ends in thirty minutes." She tells me. I nod my head although she can't see me. I'm sure she was telling so I didn't get into trouble again .

"Okay mum . Bye , I love you" I say before hanging up . Kate looks at me.

"I gotta go soon." I say annoyed . I hate having a curfew, I didn't want to go to the same house as Leo.

"I do too, actually." She says while finishing her ice cream. We both get up and throw our bowls in the trash.

"Thanks so much." I tell Kate as I get out the car.

She smiles , "no problem girl. Don't be upset alright?"  I nod and smile back .

Everyone needs a Kate in their life .

____________________________
StArrRr trEkkKk  tHeEeE  nExtTt
genErATiOnNnNn
WeReEeE trEkInggGg acRoSss
ThEeEe
UnIveRSeEeE
- g