#25: onii-chan's POV (Reiji)/when you knew his true 💓

Just here to remind you that these scenarios don't follow a specific timeline. That's all, thank you.
**

#459

This week has been hectic.

I have not a clue what I will do with my pathetic brothers. Without me, this mansion will possibly--without a doubt collapse.

And I hope they're in it when that time comes

I have always been the one covering their mess. It seems like I'm the only one who does something practical in this household.

Ah, and in addition to that. I have to take care of my sister, who has recently just learned how to talk.

It wouldn't be nice if she still couldn't communicate properly with us because we know she gets bad mood swings.

I read that in a book.

Ever since the infant arrived, I purchased a book. It gives me knowledge about raising y/n properly. I must say it is a good book. Seeing how I taught her to speak, myself. I have to admit, I am proud of myself and her.

I must say, everything changed ever since y/n came here.

How should I put it?

She actually made us brothers work together. Like a team of some sort. Even though she's still small and doesn't realize herself what effect she's done to us...I'm...somewhat glad she actually came.

Even though Shu still sleeps everywhere and always lazies around, or when everyone else has something going on, they stop whatever they're doing and give all their attention to y/n. Sometimes even fighting for it.

She's actually been a good blackmail material.

You look up from the book and made an expression. Not really knowing what to feel after gaining knowledge that your brother uses you to blackmail the rest of your brothers.

You giggled to yourself for a bit and continued reading.

But she is also a lot of work.

A part of me wishes that father would stop impregnating women whenever he likes, because it always always ends up with me looking after his children.

You wheezed and covered your mouth to stop your bursts of laughter.

It took you a moment to compose yourself and went back to reading.

I'm honestly relieved that y/n didn't turn out like the rest of my brothers. She's different. She is very caring and very attentive when it come to her brothers but when it comes to her...she doesn't even remember her birthday...

She's selfless, unlike those idiots.

Somehow, she filled that gap I was always yearning for. That gap that I've always wanted my mother to fill. Even though she may be a brat, she always does as told (or does her best to do as I say). She respects me and actually looks up to me as an older brother.

She was the first person to give me a gift. Ah, I still remember it. It was a flower. I know all the flowers that she's given me are flowers from our garden, but even so, I felt flattered that she thought of even giving me a gift.

I do cherish her. That's why there's one, and only one thing my idiot brothers and I share in common. It's the fear of y/n growing up and marrying another man...or woman. I'm not certain of the future.

I believe we share the same fear.

I know she'll grow to be a beautiful young woman. I am certain, because I raised her. Not only me....but in all honesty, are my brothers really that much help?

If I think about it, maybe Subaru because I believe he is the one who really acted like a big brother. Kanato also acts  like a big brother,  but he seems to be too overprotective of y/n. Shu's there to look after and annoy y/n. So is Ayato. Laito is a bad influence. I get surprised that she mentions such...unclean words.

You can't stop smiling.

You giggle to yourself, but then 'awwe'd' at your brother's sentiments. You can't help but feel emotional because, for one, Reiji isn't the emotional type, so you feel glad that he thinks positively of you.

You heard a knock and your heartbeats got abnormally fast. You fumbled with hiding the book under your bed and you sat on the bed just in time when Reiji opened the door.

He threw you a confused look.

" what?" you asked, panting. Of course this seemed suspicious because you breathing heavily means you just did something.

He doesn't like your expression of feigning innocence because he knows it too well, but he ignored it.

" your...boyfriend is at the living room" he said with his face unreadable.

" what?! he got here to soon!" you grumbled.

" I suggest you go to him right now before Kanato dumps flour all over him again. I don't want to clean up any more messes..." a tick mark appeared on his head as he adjusted his glasses and remembered the unfortunate event.

You chuckle at your brother's expression, which you always find cute.

You stood up and went to his front. Your head reached his chin now. Your hair was longer and your loli body is loli no more.

He eyed you cautiously because usually you'd be up to something.

He got taken aback when you wrapped your arms around his torso and pulled him into a warm hug.

He didn't know how to respond.

" what is it you want, y/n?" he asked with a firm tone. He's not falling for any of your tricks again.

" I want you to hug me back" you say. Your cheek against his chest and your eyes closed. The corners of your lips are stretched to a grin.

His brows knitted together in confusion.

" come ooooon~ don't be a killjoy, Ma" you whined, and he deadpanned at your nickname for him.

" I thought I told you to stop calling me that" he thought it wasn't appropriate to call him that anymore since you're all grown up and is introducing new friends.

One time you introduced him and called him Mama Reiji.

Which was a big mistake.

" if you hug me back, I won't call you that again" you bargained, internally smirking because if you really did, he would feel that you are smirking.

He slowly lifted his arms to wrap around yours and hugged back, like he was at a loss.

" yay!" you cheered. You swayed him as you have him in your arms for a bit which earned you a small grunt of disapproval making you chuckle. Then you stopped and retreated from the embrace.

" sike!" you dashed for the door.

" I'll have you punished once you get home!" he declared with a stern voice, yelling at you as you go out of the room.

" no you won't, you cherish me too much!" you yelled back while making your way to the living room.

Reiji stared at the door and chuckled to himself....but then he realized something.

" Y/N!!!"

You laugh as you ran faster towards the living room.

**
Yo, I'm thinking of making another ff. It's still dialiovers but I don't know if I'll actually do it 😅

I also want to do a naruto ff and a bts ff but....idk..