4

We manage to make our way out of the bathroom and through the halls without anyone noticing. That is a drastic change for me but I'm wondering if harry said something before he followed me to the bathroom.

Now we are sitting side by side at the trunk of a tree, far enough from the entry of the school so that no one would be able to recognise us.

"So?" Harry asks, knees bent and picking at the grass beside his foot.

"So?" I spit back. I don't know why he wants to hear about whatever it is, but I don't want to share.

"How—how long have you been getting beaten?" He asks awkwardly.

I sigh knowing he isn't going to let this situation go easy, "after my thirteenth birthday".

"Oh, fuck, four years" he mumble to himself.

"Yep four years," I start standing up, "nice chatting, I'd like to go now, bye" I sarcastically smile and walk away.

That's until I hear his footsteps in the grass coming towards me, he grabs my elbow so I turn around, but I flinch at the touch. "Oh shit, sorry, I didn't mean that" my glare cuts him off, "who does it to you?"

I stare at him aggressively and speak through my teeth, "why do you want to know so bad? Huh? Last time I checked you didn't give a single fuck about me but here I am seeing a completely different harry".

"I just, I don't like when girls get hurt. My sister" he looks down and takes a deep breathe before looking back at me with a different emotion in his eyes, "my older sister used to get hit by my dad all the time, I used to take some beatings for her but it wasn't enough. As soon as she was old enough she moved away, I haven't seen her since, my dad left my mother but I have a great step father now that I wish was my dad to start with. Anyway the point is, I wouldn't ah, I wouldn't want anyone else going through what my sister did, and now that I'm older I could possibly help more, I'm not as useless as I was," he smiles very small.

"How would you help me?" I ask.

"Well you and I both know that we live a block away from each other, you could come over if you ever need someone to talk to, maybe? But if whoever it is hurts you or tries to I want you to definitely come over, I don't care what time it is, just get away from them. And here," he reaches his hand out to me, "give me your phone and I'll add my number," I unlock it and give it to him, still hesitant on this whole idea.

He puts his number in and sends himself a message before handing my phone back.

"My dad" I say, Harry gives me a questioning look, "my dad is the one that hits me"

"Oh" is all he quietly says.

The bell goes off to finish recess, we walk to the doors of our school together.

We stop just outside the door and turn to each other.

"Bye, I guess" I say and shrug.

He huffs our a laugh and says, "see you around, I guess" and winks at me before heading off.