My Heartbeat and His(Jason Todd)

Zacznij od początku

"Time for dreamin's done (N/N)." He lended me a hand up. Taking notice to my lack of uniform and weapons he gave me a weird look.

"My mom found out about my night job. She burned all my stuff."I frowned for a moment. My eyes began to tear up at the thoughts that began to brew. I'm not allowed to see Jason. If my mom has everything her way, I'll forget about everything in the next month. Jay's my world though.

My sadness grew to anger as my thoughts became more hostile. Soon odds were spilling out of my mouth before a second thought. It was only when Jason places a hand on my shoulder did I finally take a breath.

He reached down into his back pocket before he nudged me. I see a box of cigarettes in his hand. I give him a knowing look. We stole this pack a while back during a convenience store robbery.

And they say we're the good guys.

I held my hand out as he places one in my hand. I go to sit on the ledge of the building, looking out over a tranquil Gotham night. We both began to smoke our cigarettes, just taking in each other's presence. No words needed to be said.

I couldn't tell how long it's been. I must have spaced out because Jason began to nudge me. I move a little closer to him, touching shoulder to shoulder.

"Maybe this will be a good thing." He flashed a sad smile. "You can actually focus on fixing your own life, not a whole city. Especially one that never repays you in anyway." His voice dropped off by the end of the sentence.

"Jay, I don't want to leave you." I move my hand up to remove his mask. He cups my hands and guides them. He smiles at me. I just stare into his beautiful eyes.

And for the moment it was just us. My focus went down to his hands which still gently held mine. Carefully, he removes his one hand to guide my head to face him. As if the world was pushing us together, our faces slowly moved closer to each other until I could feel his breathing. It only took seconds for the gap to close, giving us our long awaited closure. He moved his hands back down to mine. All was still. All was calm, and all I heard was my heartbeat and his.

He pulled away slightly before whispering

"You're never losing me."

———

After my official resignation from the junior justice league, I began to focus more on my academics. I would still visit Jay, my boyfriend of two years, at night whenever we got the chance. Of course there would be an occasional member of the bat clan spy on us, but they were all extremely good at keeping a secret.

One night I was staying up late to work on some chem. homework. I was pulled away from the paper when my phone buzzed. I looked down to see a text from Jason.

'I'll have to take a raincheck on our date tonight babe. We got a lead on something the Joker's been planning for months.'

'It's okay. Stay safe and call me as soon as your done.'

Sadly, I never received that call.

Instead, I received Kate Cane in the flesh knocking at our door. Of course, my mother was obviously very angered by this. After a short exchange of words and a few gasped, my mother called me downstairs. My mother basically shoved me out the door, stating that Kate had some urgent news.

"Kate, what's happening? I'm kinda a little rusty if your recruiting me for a mission or something?" I try to get a laugh, but a frown remains on her face as she continues to walk at a fast speed. My mood immediately switched when I realized there was no time for joking around.

We ended up at the Wayne Manor in no time. It had been forever since I had been inside. That mansion was never dirty, no spec of dust insight. Alfred always was a perfectionist. There would always be some sort of caos between Dick, Jason's brother, and himself. So it was quite odd when I stepped in and the surfaces hadn't been dusted. When we walked by the kitchen the dirty dishes were piling up and the counters weren't shining with cleanliness. The living room looked the worst, for three men sat in the middle on the couches. They stared aimlessly in different directions, all of them with heavy bags under their eyes. They slowly shifted their sight towards me and Kate before motioning to is to sit down.

I sat on the opposite sides of the men. Bruce was the first to speak.

"Did you tell her anything Kathrine?" She simply shook her head. Mr. Wayne rubbed his face, as if to try and wipe away the dullness in his eyes.

"(Y/N), this is about Jason." Dick looked me dead in the eyes before slouching forward, as if he was about to collapse at any moment.

"What's wrong with Jason? Is he okay? What happened? Where is he?" I jumped up, my heart dropping down to my stomach. Tears welled in my eyes.

"Jason......Jason is dead."

———

Stillness. The world was filled with stillness in this moment.

He shot his gun.

It shot right past my head into the wall behind me.

"Jason?" I took a step closer, seeing how he would react. When he didn't move, I took a few more steps still I was right in front of the barrel. Slowly, as to nor startle him. I place my hand on his and lower his arm. He seemed to stay mute, not leaping to attack. I called out his name again.

"Jason? Is that really you?" I put my hands on either side of his head. He growled at me before smacking my hands away.

"You betrayed me." He said, a sharp edge to his words. I took a few steps back from him and prepared myself for any sudden movements. I was caught off guard with what he said next.

"You work for Joker now?"
———
Um wow hi. its been like two years. so I guess I'll update y'all on a few things.

I go to a performing art school now, for musical theatre.

I have a girlfriend, we've been dating for three months and it's going really well.

I may or may not start posting again. Maybe in a new one shot book. Idk what do you guys thins?

so ya it's good to be back
~Mara