Chapter Forty-One | Second World

Start from the beginning

So he ignorantly turned his head. Over the years, the orphanage had even tried to reach out to him, sending letters to see how he was, asking if he was eating well and taking care of himself. The original had shuddered when he saw them, demanding Yoshiaki burn them. Needless to say, there was a frosty relationship. One which, the current Hisaya, shook his head at. His business-savvy mindset that had likely been unknowingly implemented by his father and brothers, urged him to make this journey.

To make connections.

The Eastern-Residential-District was where most lived when they couldn't afford to live in either the central, southern or western districts. Which meant that it housed a lot of people that ranged from a plethora of different financial backgrounds.

What could be considered the 'good side' of the residential district was what the taxi driver drove through, passing by without a hint of stopping. Hisaya watched as the surroundings became increasingly less 'looked-after'. The road under the car became littered with pot-holes that no council bothered to have filled.

Looking at his surroundings, and reflecting on the many societal issues in this new world, Hisaya begrudgingly knew that it made sense now why 'Omega orphanages' were in this area. Compared to the one that Hiromasa openly endorsed which was shitting-out gold.

Not that it was all sunshine and rainbows there either.

"This'll be it, sir." The driver grunted, clearly displeased with their surroundings but tried his best to disguise his opinions so it wouldn't effect his tip. His passenger noticed, but didn't care. If he took offence to everyones views then he wasn't going to succeed no matter what world he was thrown into.

"Will you need picking up?" The rough-looking beta asked as he leant out of the window as Hisaya had left the car. His roaming eyes were the one thing he didn't bother to make discreet.

"No, thanks. Have a nice day." He dismissed and the taxi took off. Only when he was out of sight did Hisaya approach the run-down building. A stench of urine permeated the air, making him scrunch up his nose.

Though this orphanage was located in a fairly large building, with one look you could see how much money would need to go into it to make it liveable. For example, the wooden door didn't have a latch, so he was able to walk right inside. He thought it was like one of those typical horror moments when someone went to knock on the door and it slowly, eerily opened.

But the suspect made itself known as it howled through the large hallways, slithering through the many cracks in the walls and ceilings. Rushing past Hisaya when he stepped inside, making his skin prickle. The cry of the wind had always spooked him.

On many occasions when he was a child, on his own in his large bedroom, he would huddle under his duvet to try and escape the many sounds of the storms that used to batter his family-home. But he had something that the people within this dilapidated-building didn't have. A mother who always seemed to know.

And the original hosts memories of this place were no better. Whilst he was so young, his memory wasn't entirely vivid, but he did remember constantly being cold. Which now, looking at the various gaping holes, made a lot of sense.

The light tap of the small heel on his dress-shoes resonated down the hall. But still, for some time, no one appeared. This place, whilst mainly being identified as an orphanage, was also a charity. Somewhere that was supposedly welcoming to all struggling Omegas. But saying this was a business...was a bit of a stretch.

He had chosen to come here without any assistance from Yoshiaki Kenta, or any other team members within the company who would be more than happy to help. That probably wouldn't stop the beta from sticking his nose in, but he didn't mind. This was a fragile matter, and would eventually be crucial with his future plans.