SIX

CHAPTER SIX: DARK SIDE

  Michael entered the room and she immediately tried to get up and reach for him, but the handcuffs around hee wrists held her back. Carmen was sitting naked on his soft mattress, tied to the bedpost. She had been there for over eight hours, struggling to get free, feeling like she was going to die of loneliness. But then again, that's how she always felt when he was not around.

  Her life had completely changed after he marked her as his and she moved to his room. He prohibited her from seeing anyone, keeping Carmen around as a doll, mostly bound, sometimes gagged. He fucked her when he felt like it, and when he wasn't in the mood he'd just tease her or use some of the many sex toys he had stored in a secret drawer to play with her. He brought her food when shr was hungry, allowed her to rest when she needed it and bathed her when she got too dirty, but that was where his kindness ended. He was a brutal and demanding Master and she liked him like that. Carmen loved him. All the anger and hatred she had felt for him before had completely vanished and could not be found, though she still had her old personality.

  "Finally! What took you so long?" Carmen scolded him. "Were you getting your hair done?"

  He laughed dryly, removing his coat and throwing it on the armchair together with a gift bag he'd been carrying. "No. I had to visit another Outpost. There's other people in the world, you know?"

  "I don't give a shit about other people," Carmen confessed. "You're the only one that matters to me. I missed you..."

  He slapped her cheek gently twice and smirked. "Don't get sentimental on me," he said, but she could tell that he liked the fact that she'd become obsessed with him. "I have some exciting news. Today you can finally join the others again during dinner."

  "And the exciting part?"

  Michael shook his head in amusement. "You really don't miss them? Your mother has been asking me every day about you. You've been locked in here for two weeks."

  Carmen shrugged with indifference. "She never really cared about me all that much. As for the others, we have a mutual silent hatred for each other."

  "A little outcast, aren't you? I was like that too once."

  "Seriously? When?"

  "Years ago. Sometimes it feels like it was in another lifetime. Everything was different back then... I was different."

  He went silent, staring into nowhere, seemingly lost in his own thoughts and memories. Carmen admired him silently, wishing nothing more than to be able to enter his mind and see what was hidden behind that shield of arrogance and superiority he always put on. She could tell that he was hurting deep inside, but he never talked about his past or his feelings and she was in no position to question him on such matters. Her job was to make him feel good.

  "Take these off..." Carmen begged, using the most seductive voice she could muster while pulling onto the handcuffs. "Please?"

  "Yes, I was planning to, I have to get you ready. But if you jump on me, you will be severely punished," he warned.

  It was a fair warning. The last time he'd deprived her of his presence for so long, she launched on him and nearly threw him on the floor when he finally returned. Such behaviour was impolite and disgraceful, she'd learned. It was just hard to control her urges at times.

  Carmen had not noticed how much she wounded herself while trying to break the handcuffs until she was untied. Her wrists were bruised and covered in small cuts, some of which were still bleeding. "You didn't sit still like I ordered you to," Michael concluded, sitting on the edge of the bed and taking one of her hands in his. He ran his fingers around the wounds, healing them, until they were completely gone. "You know I'll have to punish you for this, right?"

  "Yes," Carmen smiled playfully. "Forget about the dinner and let's stay here and you can punish me."

  "That's out of the question. But we can do both," he grinned.

  "What do you mean?"

  He got up and walked to where she knew his secret drawer was. "Get on your hands and knees," he ordered.