TWO

CHAPTER TWO: DESIRE

  As far as Carmen was aware, there were no animals in the Sanctuary. Michael snapped his fingers and a black hole opened in the wall opposite from her. The biggest and most horrifying looking bug came flying out of it, landing on the armrest of Michael's chair. It was almost as big as his arm, dark green with many legs and eyes, and a mouth full of sharp teeth. Carmen screamed at the sight of it and pulled her feet up her chair out of reflex, which amused the Antichrist.

  ''Don't worry, they don't like legs,'' Michael calmly explained. ''They go for the face usually. Although some of them like chewing through the abdomen flesh and getting to the internal organs.''

  ''What are these things?'' Carmen almost yelled.

  ''Hell Locusts. There are currently hundreds of thousands of them on Earth, devouring what's left of humanity. Oh, I should show you the Scorpions too!''

  ''No, thanks!'' Carmen exclaimed. ''Please... I get it, okay? Just stop.''

  ''So there are things you're scared of, huh?''

  Carmen looked him in the eyes with fear and anger. ''Fuck you, Langdon,'' she muttered.

  "You know, that's a marvelous idea.''

  ''Huh?''

  ''I'll give you an option. You can give me your body instead of your soul. Or, you can get the fuck out and take your chances fighting against my pets. But you should know, they won't be as tame as this one,'' He said, picking up the huge bug in his hand. ''He's still simply because I'm here.''

  While Carmen didn't mind dying, being eaten by monsters was not the way she had planned to go. She rather just kill herself when nobody was looking. Selling her soul to the devil, even if he'd won, was not something Carmen were willing to do either, out of principle more than anything else. But her body didn't seem like that bad of an exchange. After all, the guy was hot, no matter how much she disliked his personality and general existence. 'How bad could it be?''

  ''Fine,'' Carmen. ''You can have my body. But I don't have that much experience with sex so you might be disappointed.''

  His face light up with an evil glee that made Carmen's heart sink into her stomach. ''Actually, I like that more.''

  ''I want you to take off all your clothes and walk to that desk,'' Michael instructed.

  ''We're gonna do it in here?'' Carmen asked. ''Couldn't we at least go in one of the rooms?''

  ''We will do it whenever I want, wherever I want, whenever I say.''

  ''You never told me that.''

  ''You didn't ask. You should have asked the terms before jumping into it. But maybe deep inside you want to be my bitch.''

  ''You are -''

  "Your Master," Michael interrupted her. ''Now do as I ordered.''

  Carmen swallowed her pride and anger and got up, trying desperately not to loose her cool.  Michael was staring at her while she removed her clothes, so she kept her gaze lowered, not wanting to meet his. It was all just a game to him. Everything. Even the Apocalypse. How could she ever fight against someone like that? How could she ever win? Carmen knew she'd lost, but she was not going to act like a loser, that was for damn sure.

  Even as she walked to the table, completely naked, she did it with confidence, holding her head up with pride. "Put your hands down on the desk," he said and she listened. After that, there was just silence. It felt like Carmen was all alone in the still, poorly lit room, but she knew he was there. Carmen could feel his presence. She could smell his perfume. It was intoxicating.