Anand karaj

Hotel Taj Savrna
Amritsar

Manik had secretly held her hand whereas Nandini was pleading him to leave it.

Nandini- Manik please leave my hand. Koe dekhega toh kya kahega.

She whispered as the guests we're approaching them one after the other. She smiled at them and them made a pleading face towards Manik.

Manik- kya kaega!!! Yhi kahega ke her husband loves her so much.

Nandini- you are impossible. ..

Manik- I know...

He grinned. Their talks we're disturbed by Neyonika who had come to inform them about the pheras.

Neyonika- Manik, Nandu chalo beta phero ka time hogya hai.

Manik nodded and stood up. He then forwarded his hand to Nandini who stood up taking it's support. The girls adjusted her dress and she walked with one hand in Manik's and other holding her lehenga. The photographers we're clicking their pictures stopping them inbetween. Manik noticed Nandini struggling with her lehenga and spoke

Manik- why did you choose such a heavy dress when you can't handle it.

Nandini- toh kya shorts mein aati mein apni shaadi mein....

She spoke smiling sarcastically.

Manik- well mujhe koe problem nae hai. Abhi bhe you can change, mein wait krskta hu you know. Aur phir raat ko it will be easy for me you know. ...

He winked at her. She widened her eyes understanding his talk

Nandini- you are so shameless Manik.

Manik laughed seeing her flushed face. They reached the mandap and helping her sitting at her place, Manik sat at his.

The priest lit the sacred fire

Panditji- ab vadhu, vrr ko iss katori mein (small bowl)pani de.

Nandini did as asked and Manik sprinkled some water first on his feet, then his body and eventually drank the rest.

After this, Manik was given a sherbet called madhuperk, made of clarified butter or ghee, curd, honey and some essence to drink. He took it and sprinkles some in all directions before slowly sipping on it as the pandit spoke.

Then Ram placed Nandini's hands in Manik's.

Ram- Manik beta meine apni Nandu ko bohot pyaar se paala hai, please take care of her. Mere ichcha hai ke tumse bhe usse vhi pyaar aur samman mille.

He joined his hands in front of Manik and Nandini had tears hearing her father. Manik held his hand and spoke

Manik- dad please mujhe ese sharminda mt kejea.