I was on a street, unsure exactly where I was as I kept cleaning my eyes from the tears, but they kept coming.

I was in a full hysterical sob and I couldn't stop. I heard my phone ringing constantly until I turned it off, dropping it on to the seat next to me.

I looked at the empty seat, blinking profusely. Why must I be so different to Roman? Why must we be the opposite in everything?

I don't know how long I sat there, crying, but I felt drained, I was hungry and I wanted to sleep. The sky hit its magnificent hues of its daily sunset, the sun sinking lower and lower.

Taking deep breathes, I waited till the tears stopped, wiping my face again. The desire to run away was taking over my thoughts, but I knew it didn't matter how far I will go, I will still be pregnant. I will still have something inside me, growing, taking over.

I put the car into gear and drove around, unsure on where I was till things started to look familiar.

The long driveway to Romans family home was in my vision as dread ate at me.

I didn't want to lose Roman. I love him. We were now engaged, well, I think we are. It wasn't the best terms.

I slowed down my driving as I reached the end of the driveway. Romans car wasn't here. I took out my bag and placed my phone in my hand, getting out and locking the car, turning my phone on in my other hand.

I hesitantly went to the front door, taking my time. I knew Roman wasn't in but I felt weird entering right now. My phone buzzed for several long seconds in my hand as I saw all the messages register through. Stopping in my tracks, I opened the app and saw all the voice and text messages from Roman.

"Gracie, princess, where are you?" "Grace, please answer your phone." "Grace? Pick up." "GRACE! Where are you?" "Come on, it's been five hours. Please, pick up."

I could hear the desperation in his voice as my face crumbled.

"GRACE, I SWEAR, PICK UP!"

That one made me jump slightly. But it got me mad all over again. Without thinking, I threw my phone against the wall, hearing it smash against the bricks.

Unlocking the front door, I stormed inside and straight for the bedroom. He threatened to leave. I went to the closet and opened the door, searching through my clothes, pulling out a bag. I threw the lot on to the bed and sat on it, at first, throwing clothes in to the bed, then my paced slowed down as I folded them, my eyes drooping.

Why am I so exhausted? Is this a symptom of pregnancy?

I rubbed my eyes, trying to stay awake but I felt myself losing to it as I laid down, closing my eyes.

******

I felt the coolness in the room as I groaned, trying to find a blanket. Then I was suddenly surrounded by warmth.

There was shuffling happening, I heard a door close and then something clinked, like glass against glass.

Already knowing I was waking up, I fluttered my eyes open to find myself in the bedroom, in complete darkness.

I sat up, holding the blanket against me as I tried to register what happened. I was packing, then I must have fallen asleep.

I felt around the bed for my bag but felt nothing but the blankets. Then I heard a small noise and my head snapped to where it came from. I scampered across the bed, turning the lamp on, seeing a figure on the loveseat, scaring me.

🌸

"Roman!" I gasped in fright.

"Who did you expect?" He sneered at me. He looked like shit. His buttoned up shirt was loose, probably undone and his hair was a mess.