7.

Grace's P.O.V

I had successfully gotten up, got dressed and left the house without waken Roman.

I drove away, needing some time to myself. I had my gym bag in the car, trying to decide to go to the gym or rock climb. I know I've yet to go to my parents place, but not yet.

After a take away coffee I decided on the gym. It was only seven and the gym would be open.

After I had a full on workout, mainly the punching bag, I showered and got dressed, heading to my parents.

I felt so much better. All I did was pretend I was flogging in to Roman. I felt lighter as I pulled in to my parents.

"Mum? Dad?" I called out.

"The kitchen!" Mum answered me. I stepped closer and the smell of pancakes came through the air.

"Hi." I smiled as I walked in. Mum and dad were at the table and so was Hope. I went over and hugged her. "I miss you." I said as I pulled away.

I sat with them and joined in on breakfast. "How's work, dear?" Mum asked me.

"Good." I kept my head down as I ate.

"Slow down! There is plenty for everyone." Hope laughed at me.

"Sorry. I'm famished."

"By the looks of your hair, you've been at the gym." Hope said as she pulled on my hair.

"Yeah, full hardcore punching session."I muttered under my breathe.

"Oh no." She grinned at me. "Who were you flogging in to this time?"

"The gossip mags?" Mum joined in.

"They didn't have the matching purse to your shoes?" Hope giggled.

"Bad hair day?" Gee, thanks mum.

"Maybe someone commented meanly on one of your posts." Hope was at a full on laugh.

Dad didn't join in. He looked how I felt.

"Laugh all you want." I shrugged at them. It is true, I do tend to loose my temper over that stuff.

Dad leaned over to me and whispered, "Roman?"

So he was joining in. I rolled my eyes at him and that was the answer he needed to know he was correct.

Hope helped mum clean up as I packed some more of my stuff in to the car and came back inside to find my father in the lounge room.

"Daddy,"

"Yes Gracie,"

"I want to apologise about what Roman did." I felt the anger boil up in me.

"There's no need for that. It was my bad decision and now I have to suffer the consequences."

"But daddy!" I kept my voice down low. "Not him threatening you!"

"Sweetheart. He is my boss. I screwed up. I still owe him money."

"Gracie. I can handle it. You've already got so deep in it. I had you married to him just to save my own skin."

"I agreed as well." I took my father's hand. "I want to help. If he is using me for collateral, once the full amount it paid, then I can go, right?"

"I hope so. He keeps changing the rules."

I stared at him wide eyed. "Changing the rules?"

Dad sighed. "Yeah. He told me his intentions after you got married. Now not a single cent you are earning is helping."