6.

The board of directors never got back to me by the end of the work day and I couldn't be bothered with Roman.

I packed up at five and went home. I had an invite thrown at me by a friend, Macy, about a small party. I sighed. I wanted to, but I knew Roman wouldn't allow it and I couldn't find the strength to argue a no out of myself, let alone give it to Macy.

It was more energy arguing with her then getting all fancied. I had a quick shower and got dressed, doing my hair and make up. By the time I was done, it was after six. From what I've learnt this week from Roman is he gets home around 8pm. I'll be gone by then.

I drove to the club that Macy invited me too and parked in a safe location before getting out and finding Macy by the front entrance.

She squealed when she saw me, running to me with open arms. I hugged her back, laughing. "Good, you made it! I've missed you!" She smiled at me as took my hand.

I followed her inside and heard the music playing and people everywhere. I waved to a group of people as Macy took me to the bar.

"Two rum sunsets." Macy yelled over the music. I've been here before, plenty of times.

"So what's the occasion?" I asked her as she collected the drinks and handed me one. I took the orange red drink in its fancy glass.

"What? I miss you! I haven't seen you since your wedding."

I gave her a small smile. Macy likes to be mischievous.

"Okay. So it's a party."

"I gathered that." That's what the invite said. We made our way through the crowds to a booth.

Then I saw Lee Anne, Bronx and Harry. "Oh my! I didn't know you will be here!" I squealed at them as I put my drink on the table and hugged them. We chatted for a while and then Macy pulled me up to dance.

I followed her with my hand gripping hers as we danced on the floor. I was smiling, laughing, having so much fun. I forgot what this was like. I was going easy on the drinks, but I was still having the time of my life.

We laughed about old times and took a few selfies.

"So, what's married life like?" Macy teased me as she sat next to me.

I shrugged.

"Trouble in paradise?" Macy asked me.

I looked at her. Oh right. She thinks it was a love match.

"I'm not surprised. Look how quickly you got married, you don't even know the bloke. I didn't even know you were seeing someone! No wonder you kept him hidden."

I brushed off her comments to me. Macy can also be a bit opinionated and sometimes, it can hurt.

"No." I lied. "But I've been busy working." I answered her.

"You're still doing all that volunteering?" Lee Anne piped in.

"Why wouldn't I?" I asked her, confused.

She shrugged me off and left the table with Bronx.

Before I knew it, Macy was gone too, off to dance with someone. I was on my second drink for the night, trying really hard to pace myself.

"Is everything alright, Grace?" Harry asked me as he scooted closer.

"Uh? Oh yes. Sorry. I had a very distracting day." I took a sip and finished off my drink.

"Let me." Harry offered as he got up with two empty glasses.

I sat there, watching Macy snake herself up and down some random bloke and smiled. That's usually me. Dancing and jumping. Having fun, talking to random strangers.