44.

Grace's POV

So I didn't imagine it. I did hear him. I can see him!

"You know, I saw you at the wedding." He stated put as he came closer. I however was glued to the spot.

The eerie thought of being watched, that familiar feeling was real.

"What are you doing here? Were you invited to the wedding?" I asked again.

"Hold up. I wasn't. I'm actually here for business."

That made me feel slightly better. But old feelings that I keep pushed down were sneaking through.

Roman stopped about a metre away from me, leaving me trapped in the corner of the enclosed pool.

I could try and sneak around him, I could smell the alcohol on him, but I didn't want to because I was tipsy myself and in six inch heels, near a pool they didn't mix properly.

I fought against every instinct telling me to talk, but also the ones telling me to run.

"Have you been spying on me?" I eventually asked.

I heard Roman chuckle as I saw him bend down and placed something glass on the ground. "No. I've been warmed, several times actually to stay away."

That got me interested. "By whom?"

But Roman didn't answer. I knew exactly who. "Hope, Dean and Macy."

Roman chuckled again. I smiled at him as I tilted my head. I missed that.

"You're looking good." Roman told me as I held the champagne bottle in one hand and scrunched my dress by my legs in my other hand.

"Thank you. So are you." So this is what we are doing? Being civil to each other?

I took a step towards him, trying to figure out how to get past him, I felt my cheeks heat up.

"I should go." I finally said as j got closer to him. "I need to go." Was the more honest truth.

Roman stepped to the same side as me, then we both shuffled to the other side.

I tried to be careful in my heels in case the ground was wet and laughed nervously.

Roman gave out a small chuckle and moved aside, letting me pass.

"Thank you." I whispered, my eyes casted downwards.

I was right next to him, the hair on my neck was standing and I could feel my heart rate changing. But I took another step.

"Grace?"

I quickly turned to Roman, a questioning look on my face.

"Yes Roman?"

"I was wondering..."

I waited for him to finish, but Roman shook his head. "Never mind."

"Oh." I blinked several times before turning back to the direction I needed to go, but then turned to him again. "Roman?"

Roman looked at me, I couldn't see his facial expressions because of how dark it was.

"Yes Grace?" He spoke softly.

I mustered all the courage I had. "Thank you." I whispered.

"For what?" I could hear the confusion in his voice.

"For telling me the name." I continued while I had the strength. "Of the baby. I really appreciate it." I took another step towards the elevator. I heard the footsteps come to me as I slowed my pace after a couple more steps.