I was taught to be passive. To remain expressionless in order to survive. Showing or feeling anything short of blank would result in ultimate death. That's what my father taught me.

Why do I continue to call him as such? After he left all those years ago. He hasn't come back since. He left me alone in the forest to fend for myself again. Just like my lowsome parents.

.

.

.

A guild? Have I really berated myself to join such a thing? Have I gotten so weak? I now need others to help me? How pathetic.

Of course they fear me. What was I expecting, to be loved? Pfft, no. Humans are all the same. Fearing what they don't understand. Wanting to destroy anything that overpowers them. They can never leave anything alone.

They ruin everything. Continue to cause others pain. Humans hurt humans. What else is there to the story?

Livestock? Killed and raised by humans. That's basically what we all are. Livestock to some higher being. We are forced into a world that just brings pain and misery just to end up dead to the hands of another. How pitiful.

Gods don't exist. Magic exists. That magic kills. People use it for different purposes but in the end, that's what magic is for. Magic users are called in for war. Magic users kill. There is no way around that.

Humans will forever remain heartless creatures.

~

Has my perspective really changed?

What have you done to me? I didn't want this. Life was simple before, I was living freely. Now, I feel tied down... but not in a bad way. This feeling... What is it? It's strange.

I always believed humans were heartless and cruel. Tossing aside anyone who isn't useful anymore. At least... that's what happened to me.

If I'm being honest, at first, I believed you to be just like everyone else. You were pitiless. You despise me because of my family–even though I'd done nothing! What changed that in you? When did you stop hating me?

I was fine.

I... liked being hated because I didn't have to worry about anyone. I didn't have to care for anyone. But now...

...

I care!

Stop. Stop! STOP!

Let me breathe. I can't handle everything at once. Everything is unfolding too quickly. Why is this happening?! Why did I allow myself to feel?

At first, I didn't know what this feeling was. My stomach would twist and my heart would start racing.

After some time, I came to a conclusion. It hurts to think about it because I know you'd never feel the same. This feeling... It's painful. Dreadful. I despise feeling so weak. I never, in a million years, would have thought someone like me could feel such feelings towards you.

I'm sorry you have to deal with me. I'm sorry if I can't protect you, and don't feel sorry if you can't protect me. In the end, we are all human. Some things are beyond our control. If something were to happen to either of us, we'd just need to keep moving on.

You'd get nowhere drowning in self-loathing or regret. Life is so much better than that. You deserve so much better than that. So, keep living. For me.

I love you...

xXx

A/N: If any of my old readers happen to see this, I apologize if there is any confusion over why the chapters are a little different. In my next update, I will explain things. To put it simply, this story is a little too fast paced when it comes to the details and the story line. Before, I was mostly trying to copy the original Fairy Tail headline, but now I'm planning to go a bit off course.

I am rewriting some chapters to make them more detailed and expressive. Natsu has been... weird in the next few chapters and completely... TOO powerful based. I don't like that. This story was started two years ago and my mindset has changed quite a bit since then.

He is still gonna be one of the most powerful but I don't want this fanfic to end like some where they made their favorite characters WAY too overpowered. I find it... unrealistic; but don't let me bash you if you like that type of stuff. I truly don't mean to judge. Do what you want.

But for me and my story, I want things to be as simple and possible. I wanna make sure things are told thoroughly and the story I'm trying to convey MUST come off plausible.

Yes, this story is off-based from the original storyline because... y'know Natsu wasn't raised by Acnologia and he knows the guild doesn't hate him. But I promise everything will be explained as you progress further in. I'm just trying to get past some of the more... unimportant parts- like filler episodes and stuff.

Thank you for understanding and I apologize for any confusion. I hope you enjoy this story. Have a nice day.

Next up: The Dragon Prince!

~Rin