Chapter 15: You Would?

"Speaking of squeezing things out, I still need to find out who Lee Sunmi is."

Sana chuckled. "I'm not saying anything but, don't lose Mina. She'll be your only hope after senior year."

"Yeah- wait for what?" Chaeyoung's eyes widened, finally processing what Sana had said.

Sana laughed and laughed until she ran out of breath. "Hoo! That's funny."

"You bitch-"

"Aah, aah, aah! You'll thank me later." Sana interrupted while laughing once more at Chaeyoung's pout. Dang, she loved teasing the girl. 

--

At lunch, the table was buzzing from excitement. Sana's long jump had started, and Dahyun's soccer had started too, with their pre-season tournament rolling around the corner. Mina had a dance competition coming up and all the girls were going. Momo was pouting because the hurdling season had just ended. Nonetheless, she helped Mina practice dance since Momo is a spectacular dance. She takes it during summer for college credits. 

"Guys, Jihyo and I are hosting the schools February festival. What should the theme be?" Momo asked. 

"Space adventure!" Chaeyoung exclaimed.

"Shut it, space nerd. We did space adventure literally two years ago." Jihyo spoke, laughing and being joined by the others. 

Chaeyoung put her finger on top of her lips. "No one has to know," 

The table shook with laughter.

"How about flowers?" Nayeon asked.

"Well, actually, nevermind, all they'll see is me. Because I'm the only flower."

The entire table gagged.

"We were actually planning on flowers but now, not so much." Jihyo frowned, glaring at Nayeon. 

"What?" Nayeon raised her hands in defeat. "I didn't do anything."

"Sure you didn't." Sana snickered.

"Shut it."

The girls all laughed once again at the banter Sana and Nayeon were arguing about. Much to the girls' dismay, they split up to go to connections. Sana and Tzuyu went to the gym for their sports. It was awkward. 

Sana sighed. "So are you and Dahyun friends, Tzuyu-ssi?"

"Seriously, drop the formality, Sana-chan."

Sana shivered at the pet name. Dahyun calls her that, sometimes. Dahyun. What a beautiful name to say. 

"You still didn't answer the question, Tzuyu-ah."

"O-Oh right. No, we are not friends. Why?"

"Nothing, I just saw you guys talking today that's all." Sana smiled. She walked into the gym with Tzuyu. They were early. 

"Well, see you at the end of connections, Sana-unnie."

"Bye, Tzuyu-ah."

Sana walked into Gym A and watched Tzuyu run into Gym B. Being honest here, Sana couldn't stop thinking about Tzuyu and Dahyun's backstory. Were the two actual friends? Sana couldn't stop thinking about it. She eventually had to shake those thoughts out of her head and get ready for the mile run. Due to Sana's immensely toned legs, she finished pretty quickly and had the rest of connections to do anything. She immediately dashed to Dahyun's connections which was cafeteria duty. She was whining to Sana about it earlier. Sana chuckled at the memory. When Sana reached the cafeteria, she immediately frowned. Dahyun was talking to Pinky, the biggest player of the school. Pinky was looking at Dahyun seductively and made Sana's anger boil inside. And, Dahyun was clearly was uncomfortable. Sana simply skipped behind Dahyun without either of the two taking notice of Sana's presence. Sana swiftly wrapped her arms around her waist. Sana inhaled Dahyun's rosy scent.