The Game

Dahyun's POV

I shook all of my thoughts about Sana and her friends as I got focused on the warm-up.

"Alright, we'll focus on through passes and 2 v 2's" Jeongyeon said, leading the team.

We went through our warm-ups, feeling fired up.

"Okay, Sinb, Yerin, Sowon, and Joy; you guys are our backs. Wendy, Dahyun, and JooE; you guys are our midfielders. Jennie, Chaeyoung, and Irene; you guys are our forwards," Jeong explained, reading off the chart our coach left us. He couldn't make it to the game today.

TWEET TWEET!

All the starters ran onto the field. The refs checked with Jeong and SM Uni's goalkeeper. [yes ik that some of SM is on this team, just pretend they aren't apart of SM]

TWEET TWEET

Chaeyoung passes the ball back to JooE. JooE finds Jennie out on the left. I run to the center of the field and receive a through pass Jennie played off to me. I dribble. With the corner of my eye, I see a defender coming. I quickly pick my head up and find someone. No one. I look over my shoulder. They're coming closer. I see Wendy getting open on my left side. I make a blind pass to her. She receives it but doesn't have time. Luckily, Jennie dropped for her and got the ball. I see a defender running behind Jennie.

"Watch out Jen. You have a man coming," I called out, notifying Jennie.

Jennie notices and tries to turn but doesn't succeed. Their right forward got the ball. She passes it back to their defensive-mid like what Wendy and JooE. Since I'm in the front, I go to pressure the ball. I notice that their attacking- mid isn't opening up for the ball. I smirk. Bad move attacking mid. I pressure the ball and jockey, waiting for her to make a bad touch. Boom. She did. I lunge my right leg and get a touch on the ball. It rolls forward. I sprint to it. Now it's one on one with their center back. I have some space. I do a move, making the center mid stab, missing the ball. Now all I gotta do is shoot. Don't screw this up, Dahyun. I shoot, the ball soars between the goalies gloves the ball making an impact with the back of the net.

The crowd goes wild! I scored.

We keep going back and forth in between goals.

HALFTIME

I jog to the bench and sit down. I chug a water bottle down in one go. I look into the crowd and see the group. My eyes lock with Sana. I smile. She gives me a thumbs up and mouths 'You're doing good!' I just chuckle and avoid her gaze.

"Hey, dubs sit out for a little yeah? You've been working hard," the familiar voice of Jeongyeon said.

"Mkay,"

The team runs on the field. My sub is Nancy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

It's tied 4-4. Oh my god. Nancy has the ball right now. Cmon Nancy, you got this.

BAAM! TWEET!

"*Red Card #68, JYP uni please sub out #24*" the announcer blared.

I ran to Nancy. I help her up. She says she's okay but when an announcer says something, they mean it and you don't wanna mess with them.

"Don't worry Nancy. I got this. All I gotta do is score the winning goal," I say, boosting up my own confidence. All she could do was nod. I jog onto the field. It's a free kick.

"Pretty bad huh?" Chaeyoung asks, jogging to take her place.

"Yep. She looks pretty dizzy," I say, glancing at Nancy one more time.

Wendy takes the free kick. It soars in the air, smashing the crossbar. It bounces off the goalie's gloves, going out of bounds. Corner kick it is.

Irene always takes our corners. She's really good at them. Lucky for our team, most of us are pretty good at heading, making our chance of scoring pretty high. I look at the clock.

2 minutes, alright Dahyun show SM what you got.

Irene hits the ball, soaring into the center of the box, I jump as high I as I can. The ball makes an impact with my head and with all my force, I push and direct it into the corner of the goal.

TWEET!

It went in!!

All we have to do is defend now.

TWEET TWEET TWEET!

"JYP WINS 5-4!" the announcer blares.

We shake hands with SM uni's players.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey, dubs! The squad is going out to eat. Wanna come? Since ya know, we're good and stuff?" Chaeng asks, walking out of the locker rooms.

"Sure, why not? I mean I am living alone. Hahaha," I say.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yo! so that was the chapter. im sorry if it was boring. trust me the next few chapters will be... interesting. see ya! thanks for reading.