Chapter 3: Soccer & Fights

Sana's POV

 "Tzuyu's she's-" I take a deep breath. Tears started welling around my eyes.

"She's what Sana?" Mina said, her voice hardening. 

"C-cheating," I say. I couldn't help it. My tears flew out of my eyes, rolling down my cheeks.

"SHE'S CHEATING ON YOU?" Chaeyoung exclaimed. All I could do was to nod to answer her question.

"With who?" Mina says, voice going back to its normal tone.

"M-m-"

"Stop right there. I know where you're going with this. I've been meaning to tell you this Sana," Mina looks at Chaeyoung who nods.

"Tzuyu isn't coming to the game. Neither is Momo. They're both going on a da-" I interrupted Chaeyoung.

"A WHAT?!" I say, standing up.

"Date," Mina said, locking her worried eyes with my red and puffy ones.

"I have to talk to her," I say.

"Meet you at the soccer game after school yeah?" Mina says, calling after me.

"Maybe," I say, running faster down the hill.

I ran to Tzuyu's locker. I halt immediately causing my sneakers to screech. I saw them. 

Moving closer.

And closer.

I stomp my feet and leave.

"Sana wait!" Tzuyu calls after me. Of course, I don't listen. I run to wherever my legs take me.

The custodian's room.

I drop down. My knees are aching. My arms are hurting. But even worse;

My heart is hurting.

I couldn't take it anymore. I bawl my eyes out. I bring my knees up to my chest and cry there. I hear the door open. I don't bother to look. Then I feel a leather fabric around me. I look up. There she is. The girl who I've hurt for 5 years now.  The girl who always left whenever I was mean to her. The girl who, I guess never felt pain.

Dahyun.

She wrapped her jacket around me. She looked at me for about 5 seconds before leaving into a connecting room door. 'Huh. I wonder where that door leads to' I thought. I stand up, clutching the jacket. I look through. 

Our old gym.

I see Dahyun shooting on a wall. I watch for about 2 minutes. Until I hear her cold voice.

"Eh? Why don't you come in here Sana-ssi?" 

"Huh?"

"Yeah come in jeez,"

I slowly walk in, like I'm not supposed to be here. I sat down on the bleachers.

"Why were you crying? Is it because of Tzuyu-ssi?" Dahyun asked, reading my mind.

"Y-yeah. I guess," 

"What do you mean 'I guess'? You should know pretty well why you're sad,"

"Okay, yeah. I was crying because of that. But, why did you put your jacket on me?" I ask, realizing her jacket is still around me.

"Well, I wanted to be nice for once. Plus, I always cut through that room," Dahyun answers, looking down.

She stops playing. She walks over and sits next to me. That's when I knew I couldn't take it. I hugged her. We were both surprised by my action but, she hugged me back.

"Oh, by the way, I hope you know that I accepted your apology. But I won't be your friend just yet, yeah?" Dahyun, says pulling away from the hug.

"I wasn't even sure you knew that I was trying to apologize, Dahyun," I say, honestly.

"I know,"

"So..." I started rocking back and forth on my heels.

"You coming to the soccer game?" I asked.

"Of course Sana-ssi. I mean I am a player after all. I think I need to be there," Dahyun says, chuckling. I mentally face palmed myself.

Of course, she'll be there, she plays for the team.

"See you then Sana-ssi?"

"See you there, Dahyun-ssi,"

-----------------------------------------------------------

I walk into the gym. The gym is full of the school and the opposing team. I scan the crowd and try to find the group. I see Nayeon waving her hand. I jog toward them.

"I heard you and the dweeb made up," Nayeon says, wasting no time.

"Yeah, gotta problem?" I ask.

"Nope, but it took you long enough," Nayeon said, snickering.

"Huh?"

"We all apologized to Dahyun, except y'know,"

I nodded. I took my seat next to Mina who was busy on her phone. "When did you apologize, Mina?" I asked, breaking the silence.

"Yesterday," she answered simply.

"Stop trying to get Chaeng's attention, she's warming up," I tease, nudging her.

"Ugh, I know. Why does she always have to warm up," Mina says, chuckling.

We both share a laugh before we get interrupted by the whistle.

"All players please come on the field," the announcer blared over the loudspeaker.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey Y'all! the actual game will start next chapter with Dahyun's POV. thanks for reading! see you next time. sorry that this is a shorter chapter. i'll probably update next week or so.. if not i'll post a new thing on here to inform you. i've been busy and stuff. byeeeeee!