Chapter 9: Tteokbokki and Teasing

Sana's POV

I see everyone dash out of the classroom. I turn to Dahyun and ask,

"So, whadda you wanna do for free period?"

Dahyun shrugs. I see Nayeon and Chaeyoung running towards us. 

"Dahyunnie! Let's go outside and get some vitamin D!" Chaeyoung says, jumping up and down.

"Jeez, I bet you don't even know what Vitamin D is, Chae, slow down!" Nayeon exclaims. Chaeyoung pouts, leaving Dahyun to release a heavenly giggle.

"Actually, I do know what it is. It's--" Chaeyoung starts.

"Okay, okay, we get it you know what it is," Dahyun says, interrupting her. A chuckle escapes from my mouth.

"We have 30 minutes only so, let's make the best of it and go the tteokbokki restaurant nearby!" Mina says, emerging from the background. Stating her option, a chorus of 'okay's' and 'sure' are being passed around. We all head out for some tteokbokki! 

"Isn't tteokbokki Jeongyeon unnie's favorite food?" Dahyun asks while we walk.

"Yeah, why?" Nayeon answers.

"Why isn't she coming then?"

"Little Dahyunnie as you can see, Jeongyeon unnie is already there," Nayeon says in a baby voice and speaks slowly for Dahyun to comprehend.

"Yah! I'm not that dumb jeez. What do you have in Social Studies?" Dahyun questions, knowing that Social Studies is the hardest subject this year and for a fact knows that Nayeon is probably failing the class.

"87 losers!"

"Pfft. I have a 96!"

"Same! Dahyun," Mina butts in as we open the restaurant doors. I look at my wristwatch, 

"It's 9:25, I hope we'll have enough time to eat. I think Jeong unnie ordered already," I inform.

"Woah, Sana! Since when did you become the responsible one of the group?" Mina says, chuckling.

"Yah! You know when I'm hungry I get all motherly,"

"Not always, remember that one time when you were so hungry so you tried eating Momo unnie's hair because you thought it was jokb-mmf!" I cover her mouth.

"You ate Momo-ssi's hair?" Dahyun says, sitting down next to Jeong and starts laughing. Wow, what a beautiful sound.

"Yep, she sure did, bro! That was hilarious!" Chaeyoung says, grabbing chopsticks.

"Why do you guys always bully me?" I whine, getting a chuckle from the five of them.

"Where's Jihyo and Momo?" Nayeon asks, munching on her tteokbokki.

"Uh, no clue, Momo said she'll be here at 9:30. It's 9:27." Jeong explains.

"Jihyo said she'll be there at 9:25 but I have no idea where she is now,"  

"Oi! I'm here now, be happy that god is here!" Jihyo exclaimed, flipping her hair.

"Tell god that she's late!" I exclaimed, earning a slap on the head my Jihyo.

The bell of the doors ring.

"MOMORING!" Chaeyoung exclaimed, causing everyone to look at her. 'Sorry...' she muttered under her breath. Momo just waved and ran to the tteokbokki. She started eating right away. Of course... 

"Yah, Momo-ssi slow down!" Dahyun says, taking her bowl away from her.

"Hey!" 

"I'll give it back once you slow down!" Dahyun scolds.