Chapter 13: Operation Michaeng & New Enemy

No one's POV

"Dahyun."

When those words exited Momo's mouth, Sana froze. Why would it be Dahyun? How could Dahyun be her childhood best friend?

"Wait, Momo? Why do you care about a friend?" Sana asks softly so it won't sound harsh. Momo looks at Sana with worried eyes.

"S-She said that her childhood friend had helped her throughout middle school. I just wanna know who it is so I can thank them," she mumbles. Sana nods. 

"Wait but if it is Dahyun, why did Tzuyu start to bully her?"

"Beats me, all I know is that she was helpful." Momo shrugged and walked back to her seat. Sana frustratedly walked back to her seat next to the pale girl. The said girl noticed Sana's anger and asked.

"I'm fine Dahyunnie, just a lot on my mind." Sana sweetly smiled at the pouting girl beside her who knows she's not fine. But, she didn't want to disturb Sana's thoughts so, she pulled out her phone and went onto Snapchat. Little did she know, a certain Japanese was watching over her shoulder. A few minutes later, Sana pulled out her Language Arts binder and started to do homework. She didn't notice that she was freezing until the homeroom teacher walked in and the door brought in a cold breeze. It was the middle of December, but it hadn't snowed. And Sana really wanted it to snow. All she was wearing was a scarf. Dahyun cleared her throat,

"Sana-chan, you look really cold. Here," She handed Sana an over-sized hoodie. At first, Sana was going to refuse to say that she could live through it but once she realized her nose was about to fall off and the administrators will take a while to turn the heat on, she accepted it. The entire homeroom period, Sana's mind was on Tzuyu and Dahyun. Why had Dahyun helped her?

Then it clicked. When Tzuyu was younger, her grandma and mom had gotten into a car accident. Tzuyu's mom had survived but deeply injured her waist and legs giving her polio. Tzuyu's mom is in a wheelchair. The doctors said it was minor so Tzuyu's mom could walk any time soon just not as well as she used to. Tzuyu's grandma had gotten killed. She skipped school for about 3 weeks before she was done grieving over her grandma. Sana remembered when Tzuyu had told her. Tzuyu's dad was always traveling to get medicine for her mom so, Tzuyu eventually moved out. Towards Tzuyu's last middle school years, she had fallen into a deep depression. That carried on until her sophomore year. She's now a senior with the rest of the girls. She had stopped telling Sana when she was having an episode more so telling Momo instead. 

If Dahyun had helped her, why does Tzuyu bully her? What happened?

Sana slipped on the hoodie Dahyun gave her. It was really comfortable. She felt the warmth from it immediately and relaxed. "Thank you, Dahyunnie!" she exclaimed, grinning widely. Dahyun reciprocated the smile, her eyes turning into upside down half moons.

"Psst! Dahyun," Dahyun looked around the room at the person who called her. It was Mina. 

"Yeah?"

"I have a plan for Chaeyoung. I need your help. Don't tell Sana!" she whispered. Mina sat on the left of Dahyun, Sana on the right. Mina's whisper was quieter than her normal voice, which is really quiet because Chaeyoung was right next to her.

"Okay, when will you tell me?"

"Meet me in the garden during the free period."

"Okay, but what if Sana asks?"

"I don't know, uh, make up an excuse," she says smiling. Dahyun smiles back.

Mina and Dahyun are pretty close. Their parents are really close friends. They met at some party and Mina and Dahyun clicked instantly because of their similar personalities. Both Dahyun and Mina were quiet but outgoing. They separated once Mina started dating Chaeyoung. That's when Mina met Tzuyu and she fell under Tzuyu's curse of being mean. She wasn't that mean though. Only a little name calling every now and then.