[18] count on me

f e l i x
[A/N: please excuse the constant updates.]

i didn't want to be here.

the house was dimly lit, almost completely dark if it weren't for the blue and pink lights illuminating the room. people crowded the area, barely any space for you to walk. some people were sitting on the couches, some singing, or rather screaming, karaoke, and others were in the backyard dancing. it was below 32° outside, so i didn't really understand why a lot of people where outside freezing their asses off. well, i really didn't understand anybody at this party.

unlike all movies and books said, i saw no one making out on the couches, or kissing. but i did see many people getting drunk, but that was expected of a party. that wasn't really my forte though. i'm not one for underage drinking. i had no interest in picking up a drink any time soon.

but my friends, chan, minho and jisung, obviously had different opinions from me. we were all standing in the kitchen, trying to escape the loud sounds of everyone screaming, but it wasn't much of a help. i had been listening to my friends, who all were extremely tipsy, rant about nonsense stuff for the past 2 hours. the only reason i was sticking with them was because i had no one else to talk to, and i didn't feel like trying to socialize with strangers.

chan slung his arm around me, somehow throwing all his body weight onto me, and pointed straight in my face, "hey, you know? i...i really appreciate you, felix. you, you're so cool and i love how i canalwayscountonyou... i love you so much, bro. likeireallyreallyreallyloveyou!!" he slurred, running all his words into one big one. i struggled to understand what he said.

i looked at him with disgust, and ignored him. i had been trying to ignore them for the past few hours but it's kind of hard when they remind you how much they love you and appreciate you every second. i was trying to silently judge everyone at this party in peace, but they were making it greatly difficult for me when they interrupted my train of thought constantly.

i scanned my eyes through the crowd, looking for seungmin, who left right when we got there, saying that he was going off to meet with somebody. maybe he was done meeting with that person, so i could hang out with him. anyone would be better than chan, minho, and jisung. we had called changbin asking if he wanted to come with us, but when he answered the phone, he said that he was busy, and hang up the phone quickly. i had to admit, i felt a little disappointed that he wasn't here. lately, me and changbin had been getting closer and hanging out a lot with each other. but there would be weird moments when he would just be stand-offish towards me. it made me more confused than i already was.

i don't even know how everyone convinced me to come to this party. i wasn't the one for parties. or rather i was never invited to them. but this year i told myself that i would leave the house more, and socialize more. but here i was, wishing i was home and watching some youtube in the comfort of my own bed with no people around.

"HEY!" minho's voice snapped me out of my train of thought once again. "DID YOU HEAR MY FRIEND CHAN?? HE SAID THAT HE LOVED YOU!!" even though he was practically screaming at the top of his lungs, it was drowned out by the sound of music and talking in the background.

i finally replied, hoping that it would shut them up. "yeah! yeah, i heard him! i love him too, okay?! i love all of you!" i shouted, praying that they would leave me alone now.

all of the sudden, minho started ugly crying. tears ran down his cheeks, as he exclaimed to chan and jisung, "DID YOU HEAR THAT GUYS?? FELIX SAID THAT HE LOVED US!!"