Chapter 26: Roadtrip part 1

Bắt đầu từ đầu

I glared at her, looking up from my lyrics.
"Now look what you did" I muttered.
"I Sorry Okay? It slipped" Mayla argued "Why are you in such a bad mood?"
"I'm sorry okay? I'm stressed about the songs I'm writing and the New York show is coming up and I do not want to see the others, especially since Luna keeps on trying to hit on me over text even though she still hates me and I don't like her. And then my other ex is calling me and it doesn't help when they beg for something I can't do" I rambled.
"Percy..." Nyx whispered, turning around in the chair.
I looked down at my lyrics, ignoring her.
I shouldn't of said that out loud.
Dam it!
Now they'll think I'm weak and useless...
...I mean, I am weak and useless.
I'm just a toy, a throwaway thing.
I looked at the lyric, the one which was stopping me from writing.
It's about my time in my deep dark depression.
And when I...
I shook my head, knowing it would confuse the others as they watched me silently.
I can't think about that, not now.
That's the only negative with this song.
I would have to relive it everytime I sing it or someone mentions it.
But it's good to bring awareness to what I was going through.
I circled the bridge, smiling to my self.

"...-art the livestream" I heard Nyx said "I think he needs to calm down"
I silently agreed.
I don't want to spill anything else today.
"Okay, hey guys! It's the Luke Jackson tour band here with Nyx, one of Luke's mangers in the back and Luke, who is busily songwriting next to her!" I heard Hannah yell.
Thank you Hannah.
"So any questions, feel free to ask in the chat, mind you we might miss some, we'll try to answer everyone's questions. Any song requests are also good. Luke-"
I looked up.
"Yeah?" I asked.
"-you definitely singing?" Hannah asked "I know Andy did put you on vocal rest"
I shrugged.
"I'll probably will" I replied, my voice sounding duller than usual "I'm just finishing two more songs for the album and then I'm done"
I looked back down, to my lyrics which seemed to taunt me back.
"Wait, you're writing right now?" Hannah asked "Can you sing some of it?"
"I'm almost finished" I replied "Just stuck on a line"
"Can we help?" Issac asked hopefully.
"I've got it...I'm just not sure if I should include it and be murdered...that's all" I replied, making the others look at me with confusion.
"Oh, you're finishing that song" Nyx said, turning around.
I nodded, facing her.
"What song?" Mayla asked.
"I song I've been writing since my...um...thing" I said awkwardly.
"Oh" Issac said.
"Yeah" I replied.

"Someone wants you guys to sing" Nyx said, looking back at the computer "Like the band members, not Luke yet"
"I can" Hannah said, "Is there a keyboard in here?"
"There should be one in my room, under the bed-" I said as she stood up.
As she opened the door to the room she gasped.
"-and where all the other instruments are" I finished as she walked back.
"Stuff that, I'll acapella it" Hannah said, sitting back down.
"What song will you be singing?" Daniel asked, generally interested.
"Mistaken Identity by Delta Goodrem" Hannah said.
"Oh, that's that Australian singer who played Olivia Newton-John in that tv show special" Daniel said.
"She's an amazing singer" Mayla said.
"Go figure, she's one of your favourite singers" I commented, making her glare at me.
"Okay guys, Hannah whenever you're ready" Mayla yelled, making everyone, including me.
I have never heard her sing before but I've only heard from Nyx that she's good.
"The girl in the chair with the long golden hair
Well that used to be me
A flirtatious smile unpredictably wild
Always trying to please
I was always walking one step ahead
Or so I thought until the monster crawled into my bed
Rewind and erase that shock look on your face 'cause your Mona Lisa is dead

A million words a thousand days

The girl I used to be has a terrible case of mistaken identity
And yesterday's girl is not what you see
It's a terrible case of mistaken identity

The sun likes to rise and the moon likes to fall
And that's kinda like my life
I've played the role of the nice girl next door who gets cut like a knife
Now I'm not looking for apology eyes
And I don't want to spend a night on a bed of beautiful lies