The start Part 2

Magsimula sa umpisa

Only huge trees were around me, then in the distance, through a small gap that was among the ancient trees, I saw something shimmering in the light. Going closer I spotted the Goblins nest staff. Some wolf's or dog's skull was put on a stick with some tooth necklace and red cloth with few tied bones to it. A small pills still ran down the bones of the poor creatures remains. I looked around and then into the darkness of a cave.

"Well, let's see how these noobies did their job."

I sighed, lighted a small torch that was in my satchel and moved into the cave.

Priestess POV:

"Wh-who are you...?"

I asked the man after he mercilessly killed the two Goblins that were following us. I was still sitting on the ground, clutching my staff for the dear life, but because of my fear it jungled like bells in a Christmas Eve.

So strange was his appearance. He wore dirty leather armor and a filthy steel helm. On his left arm, a shield was fastened, and in his hand was a torch. His right hand grasped a sword that seemed a strange length.

After a pause, the man answered.

"Goblin Slayer"

 (art by Xefu-art on Deviantart)

At first, I thought that this man was just a newbie like us, but after killing those two monsters that thought quickly vanished

At first, I thought that this man was just a newbie like us, but after killing those two monsters that thought quickly vanished. A silver necklace caught my eyes on his chest. It glistened brightly in the torch's light. A gasp escaped my lips, a silver ranked hero, who dedicated his whole occupation to kill the lowest of lowest of monster? It was absurd, but alas, here he was, standing in front of her.

"You're lucky."

"Huh?"

Mans' hand moved so quickly, that I didn't have time to react. He pulled the arrow from my arm. I shrieked in pain. Blood flowed from the wound as my eyes welled up with tears.

With the same casual manner, Goblin Slayer reached for a bag on his belt and took out a small bottle and handed it to me.

"Drink this."

Through the clear glass, I saw a green liquid that emitted a gentle luminescence - a healing potion.

'What have I gotten myself into...'

Y/N POV:

'Damn this is a deep cave system!' I sighed annoyingly and continued my way forward. 'I already know, that the rookies failed, I saw the pulp of meat, by the clothes I could presume that was the Warrior, and some torn cloths. I didn't see Priestess, Witch or Fighter bodies, maybe they escaped? Or are the new playthings for those green bastards.'

I thought about the girls. Yes, it is sad that this happens, but they signed for this themselves. Jerking me out of my thoughts was some commotion in front. 'Maybe they are still alive and untouched? If not, I still need to clean this nest, fewer pests, more space.'