''She is not well bhai. She is down with fever.'' Dipika informed glaring at Vansh. His little act of possessiveness had left the innocent girl scared which resulted her in developing fever. Out of all it was just Dipika who knew all secrets of the youngest Rathore. He fidgeted under her glare but said nothing.

''Dipika, make sure she is treated the best.'' Ranvijay ordered making a face at the cup. He greeted his family , pecked Ananya's forehead and left the room with Veer and Vikram. After few minutes, Vansh and Rolli too walked off. 

Ananya shared a look with Dipika before moving their eyes moved to the girl who hadn't touched a morsel. ''Vikram said you wanted to continue your last year of bachelors here. Is that so?''

The fork clanked against the china plate as Sona's fingers shook in terror. Ananya huffed, ''I am not going to eat you.'' When they received no response, she huffed, ''Fine, come to me when you are ready to speak.''

Sona took a deep breath when she heard foot steps going away from her but jolted up when Ananya's voice came again, ''By the way, I have assigned you a guard. Her name is Amba, she is here to meet you. A young girl dressed like a boy walked into the main hall, she had short hair and a skinny physic which make her appear look like a teenage boy. 

Sona wanted to scoff, she looked easy to deal with. Ananya read Sona's eyes, ''Amba has her ears and eyes open every second but her voice is meant only for me. She is from one of the famous tribes out here and can kill a wild beast without blinking an eye.''

Turning to Amba, Ananya blessed her, ''Make me proud . '' The girl nodded, moving her grey cat like eyes towards the new bride. Sona coul read the fierceness in them, she  knew she was being watched, she recalled Netra's words about looking for the secret passage so that she could be rescued. Little did she knew she was being used as a weapon against the Rathores.  Netra was looking for an easy entry in Palace so that she could end the Rathore clan. Sona's eyes met that of Amba as a shiver ran down her spine, she understood there was just one way to escape the hawks and that was Vikram. She had to win his trust, again. 

''Ananya, I wanted to ask this question for years, why do we have so many female guards?''

Ananya smiled, turning to Dipika she repeated the words of Late Queen Mother of Jaigarh, ''Granny always said , A woman is most vulnerable when her heart is involved and she is the deadliest when her brain gets involved. All these women are heartless when it comes to enemies.  I hope, our foes  understand this because this time there will be no forgiveness. '' Dipika couldn't agree more.

***

Chitra decided to take a walk once the lights of main Palace were out. She had kept herself holed up in the room to avoid Vansh but now she desired some fresh air. Chitra tiptoed towards the Palace gardens and made her way to her favourite spot , the marble fountain . She sat on the wall throwing her legs into the water as the coolness of water bought a smile to her face. Inhaling deep, she arched her neck back looking up at the stars. They looked like a some kind of heavenly dust being scattered unevenly. She smiled, it was so beautiful. As she parted her lips to mouth the word, her whisper got a voice which made her shiver.

''Beautiful! From here it looks just looks extraordinary.'' Vansh interrupted her perfect moment. She sat frozen, refusing to turn her gaze to him. Pushing his hands in pocket if his hoodie, he took steps to her, ''I knew you would come, and this is why I have been waiting for you. Chitra shut her eyes tight. She could feel the air around her turning warmer as he stood behind her, ''I know you more than you know yourself Chitra.'' He said pecking the back of her head. She knew what he said was true , but that wouldn't change the reality.

A splash echoed the surroundings as she quickly pulled her legs out of the water to leave. There was no point talking to the stubborn Prince. He had made his decision clear to her and she had decided to counter with silence and ignorance. Little did she know nothing would deter him.

Her bottoms had turned heavy being soaked in water, she made a futile attempt to lift it and make a run but was being pulled back to him with a jerk. Chitra gulped as she fell on his semi naked chest. His torso was covered by a hoodie which he had left unzipped down his chest. ''Where do you thinking you are going?''

Chitra tried to push him back but his hand on her back failed her strength. Vansh pulled her closer locking her petite form to is chest, ''I heard you were down with fever. Let me check.'' His fingers brushed her face slowly moving from forehead to her chin and then her neck. Leaning closer, he brushed his rough cheek against her soft one, ''Now, I can feel the heat.''

Chitra turned her face away. Cupping it from the opposite he turned her back to him, he wanted her to see what determination meant, ''These kinds of excuses won't deter me love, rather its making my desire stronger than before.''

Her eyes watered, she felt angry at him for using his power, ''Yes, why would it deter you. You know you can have all for that surname of yours. You think pushing a girl against her will is your love, I call it cowardice.''

Vansh huffed, if he was some Ranvijay, he was a little Ananya too. It was hard to bruise his ego with words as he knew how to counter it. ''Against your will!'' He pressed his lips, grabbed her hand and moved it inside his hoodie over his heart. Chitra felt heat creeping all over her as they came skin to skin. Her toes curled and so did her body. Vansh smiled, leaning further he whispered over her lips, '' You look move than willing.'' Chitra lifted her eyes to lock with his, Vansh smiled leaning further, ''If I kiss you now, you won't deny it. But I will wait for the day when you will ask me to kiss you.'' Pulling her to his chest he hugged her close, ''I will walk you till your apartment.''

''No, mom will kill me.'' He shook his head, ''Fine, l will stay in dark and if you say no now, I will carry you in my arms.'' She knew he could and agreed . He dropped her a little away from staff quarters and stayed in dark till she was inside. 

***

Vikram couldn't sleep. The life he had predicted to be smooth and full of love had now turned a bed of thorns, he decided to tire himself through push-ups in an attempt to sleep. Though Ranvijay had warned all against any kind of negative behaviour towards him or Sona, still his parents haven't stopped giving him angry looks. He cursed recalling his wife labeling him as a cheater, he wasn't that angry with her but Rolli's broken heart was simmering his anger slowly and in a deadly way. The fact that Sona's brother broke her heart was making Vikram thinking about punishing Sona as a revenge. He felt that because of Sona his bonds with his siblings was falling apart. 

Vikram huffed as he pushed his body down, he recalled Rolli's teary face, his family's anger and Sona's accusation . He pulled up and pushed down once before throwing his sweaty body on the carpet, closing his eyes to catch his breath

''Vikram, can we talk.'' Sona's soft voice pierced the silence of his room. He opened his eyes but didn't made an attempt to acknowledge her presence.  He got up and moved into the bedroom wiping his body and face with a towel. She followed him in, ''Vikram how long are you going to ignore me?''

''Have you forgotten the way to your room?'' He taunted

She took in his strong rugged sweaty form, he hadn't shaved for two days and it made him look more rugged. She had loved him for so many years, his arms had held her so many times when she wanted comfort. His kisses and touch still stirred the female inside her. She wanted to touch him, feel her skin against his. As her breath hitched, she licked her dried lips parting them slightly, she took in as much as air to calm the heat in her. Taking slow steps to him, she brushed her palm on his naked back. He stiffened, moving close she flattened her cheek against his back as her arms went around her middle. She placed feathery kisses on his back losing the focus on her mission to visit him. ''Please don't hate me, not you.''

He turned , lifted her chin with his fingers. Vikram undid her hair as the dark locks fell onto her waist. Leaning closer, he sealed his lips with hers, the anger and pain long forgotten.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

next-Dev steps in Jaigarh