final a/n

(apologies in advance- this is unedited)

https://static.tumblr.com/88148966da7f05bf6c9526f2dd3fb578/khqeuxr/tkioy9u0w/tumblr_static_tumblr_static_361qhme7l50k88o48g0okg00g_640.jpg

Hello, my loves! Ahhhhh! Did you guys enjoy the ending?

For those of you who haven't read my other klance works, this is the part of the fic where I talk about the process of writing it, give you some deleted scenes, pictures, inspo and behind the scenes action, and give acknowledgments :)

Alright, let's start off with a general thank you. For those of you who don't know, my name is Cal and this is my third full-length klance fic. I adore klance and it's probably one of my favorite ships to write, which is why this is also my third consecutive kl fic.

A little backstory, HnH started out as a note on my phone reading simply "death god fic!!!". I hadn't even thought that it would turn into a kl fic at all. I'm not really sure where I got the idea for it, but it started off with a few scenes about a protag interacting with his father, the King of Death, and a mortal. These scenes were later modified to show Keith's interactions with Nox in the first few chapters and the mortal turned into Lance.

The prologue of this work was originally published on August 18th, 2018, which means that it took 5 months to write, give or take a few days. This is also the longest fic I've ever written, beating SWM?s 30-something chapters with a whopping 43 chapters, plus a few pt1/pt2 chaps.

I'm really happy with the way that this fic turned out and I hope you enjoyed reading it too :)

Now, onto some deleted scenes! I always keep a little, unpublished chapter on the side whenever I'm writing so I can jot down notes for future chapters, or even write whole scenes for future use. However, these scenes don't always get included in the final chapters as I toy with the plot a lot and end up changing a lot of little things that can dramatically alter the way the story goes.

I often think that I don't really write the story, per se, I more of write the plot and let the story go wherever it wants. It's good to have a free mind when writing, but I also do make sure that I have at least some semblance of a plan so that I don't hit intense writer's block (a mistake I made a lot in my earlier pieces).

So, without further ado, here are some scenes that never made it to the final chapters (warning, uneditted):

1-

Lance sat next to me on the damp grass, spreading out his wings gingerly. I didn't look at him. My hands were laced behind my head and I was staring up at the stars.

"I don't have a mom," I said quietly. I didn't know why I said it, I just did. Lance turned to look at me and I shrugged. "Dad said he took rays of moonlight and strands of the night sky and then breathed death into me. I don't think that means a mum though."

Lance looked at me thoughtfully, "I don't have a dad," he said back, "But I wasn't made of anything cool like that. We're all made of clouds. She just sprinkles something else on us to make us individual."

I didn't look at him as I asked, "What was your 'something else'?"

Lance chuckled softly, "Mexican hot chocolate. The bricks that you stir into hot milk, not powder."

I thought for a moment, trying to remember if I'd ever had it. "The spicy kind," I tried finally.

Lance laughed again and I melted, "Yeah. That kind."

2-

I stared at Lance, fuming, "You don't understand, idiot! I can't love you!"

"Well, I have no choice!"