season 8 review

I guess it hasn't really hit me yet that it's over. I can't believe that there won't be another season trailer to look forward to, no more crazy theories to read, no more new scenes or that infamous Voltron formation sequence.

I have been with this show since it's first season and that's part of the reason why I feel so strongly about it. Without this show, the works I've written that have brought me so much happiness and friendship would never exist. Without these characters, this amazing universe that Voltron has created for us, I would never be able to share my love for writing through it and I would never meet the amazing people who've come into my life from it.

I'll never forget Voltron and the impact it's had on my life, as cheesy and cliche as that sounds.

So here are some memories that have stuck with me over the years:

-the whole fandom going batshit about Keith being Galra but then knowing Krolia was his mum as soon as we saw her
-the whole leakira ship with AU klance was pretty cool (what ever happened with that?)
-everyone screeching about
clone!shiro's eyeliner
-black Paladin Lance has always and will always be a dream
-again, the ridiculous (yet lovable) voltron sequence
-our love for kaltenecker and the space mice
-"Coran Coran the gorgeous man"
-how we were sure that shallura was gonna be canon Space Parents until Shiro was outed
-the "Adam!" vine in every crack vid ever
-our thirst for ponytail!keith and Altean!lance (at what cost, though??)
-our love for Matt Holt (we're not going to talk about what happened to his hair)
-fanon lance being an actual meme lord
-everyone making beautiful art and fics and everything else that brought us together as a fandom
-klance staying at the top of the tumblr ship chart and becoming the number one of 2018

-the whole fandom going batshit about Keith being Galra but then knowing Krolia was his mum as soon as we saw her -the whole leakira ship with AU klance was pretty cool (what ever happened with that?)-everyone screeching about clone!shiro's eyelin...

Now, about season 8, I have a lot to say.

There were certainly things that I loved about it, don't get me wrong.

-that breathtaking klance moment on top of the black lion
-Acxa x Veronica? I smell a ship
-Ezor x Zethrid? I'm so happy that they were reunited and are on the good side
-pre-corruption and baby Lotor! He's so cute omg
-kinkades vlog omg. What a cutie. It's okay, baby, i don't care that you're a yeast nerd.
-Pidge and Colleen's 'fight' hahaha I lost my shit
-SLAV
-Lotor bc his voice gives me shivers ahhhhhhh
-Shiro Shiro Shiro being the best space dad
-good Zarkon
-beautiful music and a wonderful reunion of the Paladins in the last episode
-hunk saying "shay" and looking like a lovestruck angel

But, along with many other fans, I'm really disappointed to say the least. Here's why.

Well, lets start off with Lance. As you all know, Lance is my favorite character and has been since day 1. I like to think that I know his character pretty well. In general, Lance seemed completely out of character through season 8.

I'm really disappointed that, in the end, he was reduced to a farmer who dedicated his life to Allura. He was her second choice and she never really showed him the love I think he deserved. The relationship felt forced on Allura's part- she had so much going on and had just gotten over Lotor, which had been brutal.